Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wiper blades work best in winter condtions? I tried the Icon blades and broke one off in a snow storm.I 'm using PIAA now but seem to ice up and don't clear the windshield well. The blades are six monthes old. The dealer said it might the arm not putting enough pressure against the windshield. Any comments welcome.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
I like the one piece design (ie icon) personally, it is also possible the spring in the arm is shot and not provide enough pressure.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
Not sure how's the winter in your area, but we get tons of snow here in Ottawa, Canada.
I find that the reflex/armorall all-season types don't do a great job with heavy snow. I've been using something like this or that for 15 years: they're cheap, they're big and get rid of the snow much better than the all-seasons ones, especially during a heavy snow fall snow, they may not be as good with icy rain though.
my .02 cents

Happy winter!

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
The michelin radius, no question

They're like the icon, but I've found that the rubber holds up very well to ice and snow. They're also relatively cheap compared to other brands of the same style.

·
Registered
19 Posts
'Trico Tech Beam Blades' are promoted as "all season". I live in Wisconsin and they work great. They are really "beefy" wiper blades. Got them online.

:woohoo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts