Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I am fortunate to have the money to buy a new Forester ( if price is right) for my daughter and son-in law. They finally got jobs in the High Rockies teaching school, after searching for a long long time for any teaching job short of going overseas.
The car they have has a zillion miles on it and is not all wheel drive. They need a vehicle for the snow, answer, Subaru.

I have found a dealer in the state of Washington who says he will sell to me a 2010 Forester, manual trans. Everything thing else is just basic, steel wheels, a radio and 4 seats (with the typical things that are standard with a 2010 Forester, power windows, etc.)
His quoted price: $19,008, less fees and tax.

What do you think?

thanks,
Eric

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,071 Posts
If you are a costco member there is an additional discount that is applied. There are a few other programs that Subaru offers discounts via also like IMBA: Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crews: Subaru VIP Program So I would advise checking around and using the price you were given as the starting point to bargin.

As for the price of $19,008 couldn't tell you if it is a deal or not, haven't been looking lately.

·
Registered
57 Posts
New Cars - Edmunds.com

Edmunds' TMV is your friend. Look up the trim of the particular Subaru Forester in question, enter the color of the vehicle and zip code, and Edmunds' will tell you the current market value of the car.

I've found that it's pretty accurate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Without looking at the invoice, I would say kinda high.

Basic should be around low 18's.

What's your apr?

OK, so I am fortunate to have the money to buy a new Forester ( if price is right) for my daughter and son-in law. They finally got jobs in the High Rockies teaching school, after searching for a long long time for any teaching job short of going overseas.
The car they have has a zillion miles on it and is not all wheel drive. They need a vehicle for the snow, answer, Subaru.

I have found a dealer in the state of Washington who says he will sell to me a 2010 Forester, manual trans. Everything thing else is just basic, steel wheels, a radio and 4 seats (with the typical things that are standard with a 2010 Forester, power windows, etc.)
His quoted price: $19,008, less fees and tax.

What do you think?

thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
You live in port townsend!??! I went to Chimacum High School! Small world! Carter Subaru over here seems to be pretty straight forward when it comes to pricing. Where have you gone to look so far?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts