Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
best place or people to buy 2010 accesories?

i already have:
Front Underspoiler
Cargo Tray
All weather mats
Splash Guard Kit
Security System Shock Sensor

i have these things in mind:
Rear Bumper Cover - after much reading, i think this is a must!
Hood Protector Kit - wont hurt to have this right?
Bumper Underguard Rear - also this?
Auto-Dim Mirror w/Compass - safety reason. cant go wrong being extra careful.
Body Side Molding Kit - ding protector.. why not?!?!
Tail Pipe Covers - will make it look better!
Sports Grille Kit - ive only seen people sporting the factory ones. are there any other alternative for the 2010 foz?
Rear Spoiler - do u guyz like having this on ur foz? does it make the foz handling better? sorry im noob.
Moon Roof Air Deflector - how about this?
Fog Lamp Kit - well i live where there are snowstorms. so i guess having this wont hurt. besides i think the front will look better.
Remote Engine Start - why not?!?! :p
Interior Illumination Kit - Blue - why not?!?! :p
Puddle Light Kit - why not?!?! :p
Reverse Assist Sensors - somehow i consider this as plain vanity. wucha think?
Wheel Arch Molding Kit <- what does this do? is it for looks only? is there any actual purpose on having it?
Bumper Corner Moldings <- does this really help?

Seat Covers??? any recommendations?

tips and opinions welcomed and appreciated! thanks in advance!

and yeah, hook me up with ur 'secret contacts'! :p pm if u cant divulge 'them' in public. :D

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,824 Posts
Support our vendors like a lot of people will soon be saying to you.
Jackie at Annapolis Subaru & Grayson Subaru are two dealers capable of supplying those parts and more. You'll soon see why members from around the country use these people to order and have shipped parts for thier Subaru's.
Really

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
I think you need to narrow down what you want your Forester to look like before buying everything in the accessories catalog. The corner moldings and side moldings I believe are just for, as you say, ding protection and the wheel arch moldings are just for looks IMO. With the Front underspoiler already on I'd say it would be better to stay with nice clean lines instead of going with a more 'rugged' look that all the moldings would provide.

Also there's a full kit to compliment the front underspoiler but you have to get the other parts, side skirts and rear underspoiler, from Japan.

I'm actually looking at purchasing the front underspoiler and I think I'm going to go with the rear spoiler as well just to help finish the back end up a little to match the front.

Other than that there is a sports grille for the '09s which I also think looks nice with the underspoiler and as for the rest of your list I think it all comes down to how much you want to spend for some of those luxuries like remote start and such.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts

Replies

R: Will help to protect the bumper from items going in and out of the cargo area. Recommended.

R: Won't hurt......I think it a personal preference, but it does look good compared to other's I have seen on different vehicles.

R: This item is purely for esthetics IMO. If you like it and do it you can not remove it........well you can remove it but it will leave holes in the rear bumper cover, used for mounting purposes. I have seen someone here get hit back there with this piece and it was a problem to get it to lay flat again. I guess it was because of the mounting bracket.

R: Good item to get, it works well. If you have a garage or gate opener then upgrade to the multilink one. It's more expensive but I really like mine.

R: You would think they help to prevent dings but I have seen here again where someone had them and the ding went right through the B/S moulding to the door panel. ????

R: I like mine.

Sports Grille Kit - ive only seen people sporting the factory ones. are there any other alternative for the 2010 foz?

R: Many here like it and others don't. I am in the corral with the Dont's. You can paint your front grill insert to match your exterior color, or black or any color you wish for that matter. I think it looks real good. Search around and you will find it........I think Subieoutlaw or Bettsyboy did it.

Rear Spoiler - do u guyz like having this on ur foz? does it make the foz handling better? sorry im noob.

R: Not sure about the handling part but I think it dress up the FOZ a bit and is nice.

R: Personally I think it looks like a big bump and the roof (UGLY, IMO) but it is functional and works/helps at highway speeds.

Fog Lamp Kit - well i live where there are snowstorms. so i guess having this wont hurt. besides i think the front will look better.

R: I never use mine.

R: This would be a big feature for me if I lived where it is cold, I would have had it done or do it myself. No need in FLA.

R: Did it and I like it.....a lot. I wasn't sure about it but I would recommend it. You can see a picture of it in my Journal, "HOT09XT journal". Do a search.

R: Another personal preference item, was gonna do it but decided not now.

R: I am very careful when backing up. I usually check behind the FOZ before I get in.

Wheel Arch Molding Kit <- what does this do? is it for looks only? is there any actual purpose on having it?

R: Protection from other car doors and looks. That's it.

R: Not for me. Maybe if you're in a city (like NYC) or live/park all the time in a supermaket parking lot..........:biggrin:

R: ???........Scotch guard.

and yeah, hook me up with ur 'secret contacts'! :p pm if u cant divulge 'them' in public. :D
Well you wanted some opinions.........those were mine. Other's may be different. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
10 FORESTER 2.5X PZEV
13 Posts
Wow, that's quite a list. I just bought a '10 Forester 2.5X with automatic trans, steel silver with gray cloth for $20,200. I too have been shopping around for accessories. I just bought the bumper cover at the local dealership for $59 + tax. The internet sites offering geniune Subaru parts charge for shipping and in most cases you'll end up paying about the same as you would at your local dealer. E-Bay might be another good source. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
11 Posts
Mundane,

Do you like the Security sensor shock system? Any phantom alarms? I have a neighbor that his car alarm goes off nearly nightly. I do not want to be THAT GUY.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
Mundane,

Do you like the Security sensor shock system? Any phantom alarms? I have a neighbor that his car alarm goes off nearly nightly. I do not want to be THAT GUY.
I really don't think you will have an issue especially since, I believe, the shock sensor has 3 sensitivity settings (it may be 2). There is a thread here about it.....do a search.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies. i really appreciate it esp to jkopee & hot09xt. more pls! :N_poke: how about the other people in here?

roger wilco, that security system shock sensor came with the car. i havent had any "experience" with. i'll do some 'testing' and will let u know more! :icon_biggrin:

---

anyway here are my DEFINITE BUYS:

iPod/Phone Console Tray (Black)
Auto-Dim Mirror w/Compass
Rear Bumper Cover
Cargo Net Side
Luggage Compartment Cover
Hood Protector Kit
Rear Spoiler
Tail Pipe Covers
Remote Engine Starter Kit

still debating...
Momo Shift Knob or STi Shift Knob or if someone has a better alternative ....or just keep the stock?

2010 STI (Silver) w/ Black Rubber ~ will this be an easy install? some people have reported making a shim so the accelerator pedal fits correctly. I'm a BIG noobie when it comes to car so I really need to know if the things I'm getting are an easy install or not.

Rally Armor Mud Flaps w/ Silver Logo - from what i've read, this is way better than the stocks ???

Door Visors - seems to be no OEM for this but hopefully someone would recommend one .....and a picture would be nice.

tips, suggestions & opinions are very welcome! :shrug:

took a quick snapshot of my foz while it was warming up. (parked normally for 10 hrs at work)

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
you say you want to buy the luggage compartment cover? Are you talking the retractable cover for the back? If so I have one that I don't use or want I could get to you for cheap.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i just ordered them yesterday. thanks for the offer though.

i ordered these:
iPod/Phone Console Tray (Black)
Ash Tray
Interior Illumination Kit - Blue
Cargo Net (Side)
Rear Bumper Cover
Tail Pipe Covers (Dual Exhaust)
Hood Protector Kit
Luggage Compartment Cover
Auto-Dim Mirror w/Compass
Rear Spoiler
Remote Engine Starter Kit

im sure this is just the beginning. :p

im looking at shift knobs and pedals right now. and i like this but i cant seen to find a confirmation that it will fit perfectly on my 2010.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER
1 Posts
best place or people to buy 2010 accesories?

i already have:
Front Underspoiler
Cargo Tray
All weather mats
Splash Guard Kit
Security System Shock Sensor

mundane - can you install the dual tail pipe covers yourself? I just bought the 2010 Forester Premium and just realised that they don't come with it - but want to buy them online at a much cheaper price than at the dealership but i wanted to know if this was something i could install on my own?

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
the tail pipe covers have 1 screw each on the bottom, if you can turn a screwdriver you can install them yourself.
:Banane14: i think.. i might.. be able to manage that! LOL! :Banane14: ~ i tawt i taw a puddy tat! i did! i taw a puddy tat! ~

jkoppee, here's a better pic of my front underspoiler! (sorry. 'haven't had a chance to take daylight pictures.)

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
Do you actually like the license frame the dealer puts on?

I told my dealer not to bother, it would be the first thing I remove and throw away. And no dealer badges. Seriously.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I won't install the wheel arch molding if you live in snow country. It catches the winter dirt and salt and starts to rust from there. I have/had 3 Honda that rusted at the wheel mold. A friend even removed the rubber mould.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts