Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.0 S M
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i´ve been using my GFB Reactor 2-stage boost control for almost 2 years now but from time to time i used a simple ball and spring controller which brought boost a bit faster

i´m ecutek´d to 1.0 bar ( STI block and internals, Vf34) but i took discnnected the BCS as soon as i came home from my ecutek tuner and put a manual controller in.

even when set to the same 1.0 bar it performs a lot better with all of my manual controllers ( GFB Atomic, GFB 2stage Reactor, 2 no-name ball and spring )

only problem with them is that they don´t reduce boost at higher rpm

last week i took the GFB 2 stage out and (inspired by Autsospeed - Killing wastegate creep ) put this in:

long hoses and an empty gas cartridge to keep the actuator free of bosst for some time

good for a short "overboost" and back to 1.0

anyone else a good solution???

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
My Ghetto tweak gives good solid boost and also a short overboost, it also tapers off (not in a controllable manner) at higher rpm.

The APexi AVCR allows boost to be mapped to rpm via a speed input.

Simon

·
Registered
1999 2.0 S M
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Ghetto tweak gives good solid boost and also a short overboost, it also tapers off (not in a controllable manner) at higher rpm.
you mean your small turbo is running out of it´s range... i wish my vf34 would do...

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
No I mean that as it referances compressor out boost, boost in the manifold drops at higher airflow rates due to the restriction through the intercooler. If the turbo was struggling at the top end (and its not, the prodrive WR sport kit ran more boost) I would have said so.

Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts