Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get an actual HID Light Kit. Not just a bright bulb.

Does anyone know of a company that makes good ones? Its for an 05XT

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Retrofit kits are horrible. Read up on Daniel Stern's site or search any HID discussion here to get the lowdown.

If you want to do it right, use the OEM HID headlights from Canada or Europe.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
43 Posts
I ordered and installed (today 10/19) a cheap a$$ HID kit from manyadeal.com, figured not much to lose to try it out. my stock bulb wasn't giving me too much light, specially on night driving+rain.....I was having a hard time seeing the road.

The kit is 35w, 4300K H11. I chose 4300K co'z I hate the blue tinge of the 6000K (used to have it in my corolla) and plus it throws a lot more light down the road. It still retains the light cut off, although not as sharp as the OEM bulbs, but it's still noticeable.

I have an 09 Forester, it was literally plug and play, I did take out the air filter assembly and the battery for easier reach. I tested it tonight and I haven't been flashed yet, although I actually need to adjust it higher a bit. The color of the bulb is white, with a bit of yellow tinge to it which I actually like, I can see the wet asphalt way better than the OEM bulbs.

Sorry about the fragmented senteces....typing this after a few cans of Sapporo doesn't help :Banane35: and yes, I was driving and testing the light sober...:rock:

pictures to follow...soon

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Retrofit kits are horrible. Read up on Daniel Stern's site or search any HID discussion here to get the lowdown.

If you want to do it right, use the OEM HID headlights from Canada or Europe.
Ya I just meant that I wanted the real headlights. I don't know why I called it an HID Kit. Where would I find the OEM HID headlights?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Your best bet would be to contact a Canadian dealer and order them directly from Canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts