Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So that explains all of the replacement bumpers :lol:. Just kidding. Looks like you had fun.
It's gonna explain my new front one... I took a turn at 40 and went straight into a 6' high snow bank. I'm surprised the airbags didn't go off or that I didn't flip actually.. The bumper is inset from. the body of the car now lol (luckily I was planning on a new front anyways!).

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no dirt here, just some frozen mud. It is snowing right now all of a sudden though! :woohoo:

Hopefully we get more than an inch or two............
Yeah that'd be awesome. Playin in the snow is so much fun!

Haha my thoughts exactly :biggrin:
I think I've only done damage to the front bumper once.. The rest have been other people hitting me. (I did mess up the back bumper a little more this time but it's my "winter bumper" as someone already hit me, and I have a new one sitting right next to me, literally)

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
It's gonna explain my new front one... I took a turn at 40 and went straight into a 6' high snow bank. I'm surprised the airbags didn't go off or that I didn't flip actually.. The bumper is inset from. the body of the car now lol (luckily I was planning on a new front anyways!).
Oh wow sorry about that. You just don't seem to have good luck with that portion of your car haha.

A similar thing happened to me and my friend in his 06 WRX a couple of weeks back. Went right in to a snowbank and his bumper just popped right off. It's snaps right back on though unlike our fozzies.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh wow sorry about that. You just don't seem to have good luck with that portion of your car haha.

A similar thing happened to me and my friend in his 06 WRX a couple of weeks back. Went right in to a snowbank and his bumper just popped right off. It's snaps right back on though unlike our fozzies.
Aww lucky... I'm gonna invent that for the next Forester haha. BUT I'm glad our cars have bumpers otherwise our actual bodies would be ruined!! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
I just got back from Donner Summit area. What fun! I was driving around till 2 a.m. last night... Down to Truckee, up old Highway 40, stopping at any parking lot I could find to have fun in all of that snow.
David

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Hah looks familiar. Both of my bumpers have been "winter bumpers" for years now. No front fogs anymore, and both bumpers sort of flop around, the overhangs on the forester aren't really great for offroading in the snow!

No snow up here anymore, although there was a light dusting this morning. The last time I went out drifting, campus safety pulled me over as I was heading home! He didn't really buy the "I was practicing how to safely handle my car in the snow" as I was sliding sideways across the entire lot, oops!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts