Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback Automatic
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some help with my Best Mountain Roads page on my blog. I've been really busy and haven't had time recently to find more great places to ride, map, and add to my site.

If you have some suggested/favorite routes in the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, please post them here so I can add them as soon as I get a minute. (Please include the route numbers and mileage if you know them.)

Thanks. :icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Looks like you've got the major ones already. I quite enjoy Old route 71 (little river road) between Townsend and Gatlinburg.
I might be wrong on the naming, so please excuse my memory. It is one of the roads included in our annual Deals Gap Forester meet each spring. We end up using foothills parkway as a connection between US129 and this scenic and relaxing stretch of road leading to Gatlinburg.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
There's a road of some watershed between Hendersonville and SC or Tryon that's pretty good. I forgot. Sorry. Very wooded and has a lot of elevation change and switchbacks. Sorry I forgot the name. But as Duder said, you got a lot of good ones already.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Caesar's Head (276) is a good one. Forgot that one. I'll need to ask my friend about that other one I mentioned.

·
Registered
2009 X Limited 4EAT
605 Posts
151 from the parkway to near Asheville
28 from Highlands to HWY 11
178 from Rosman NC to Lake keowee or Pickens SC
281 from toxaway to SC

I grew up in Transylvania County

1 - 6 of 6 Posts