Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 hta 68 xti
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Recently my vf went out on my 2008 fxt (with sti engine goodies and new fuel pump, ams performance tune, ect). Im looking for a turbo that is quick spooling and suitable for dd (and light track use) but could produce 350 whp+. Also, under $1500. What r the best options?? Also im looking to keep my STi tmic; do i need to upgrade?

thanks guys

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
18g 8cm or hta68 would be my recommendation, the 20g is a good choice as well but will spooler a little bit later. dont forget all the supporting mods youll need that go along w/ a bump in power like this. you can get away w/ a sti tmic, but its not recommended.

youll need a larger tmic, injectors, fuel pump, turbo inlet and possibly an intake to make the most of your new turbo. btw your tranny will be on borrowed time!

on nasioc a bunch of vendors are running package deals right now you could get a hta68/fp/injectors for like 1350. that comes in under budget, just save some extra doh and get the intercooler! you could keep the stock intake and inlet, but they will be restrictions @ this power level and might prevent you from your 350whp goal...

oh yea most important dont forget a good protune!

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
rumor has it that blouch will start offering their 18g with a billet wheel soon. should be awesome spool. sti tmic is a stretch at those power levels. pm toddlamp about an 18g and sti tmic and restrictions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts