Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester x Manual
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i know its normal starting a car in -25c i should hear belt noise for a ten years old car but the noise become higher and higher specially today when i turn the steering wheel the sound goes up ..
after the car warm up for at least 5 min in parking and 5 min. on the road the sound disappear
i think they are the 2 belts they need to be changed but how i know if it need something else like Power steering pump pulley maybe or the pump or could be nothing at all and this normal
thx

·
Registered
2007 forester at
271 Posts
Press the belt with your finger, and watch how it flexes, should not "bend" that much, if it bends, then you can adjust it, make sure what kind of pulley adjuster you have, in my car you need to loosen a bolt before you can adjust the tension... after the adjustment, lock in place with the bolt...., you can do it, it is easy.

·
Registered
2003 Forester x Manual
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did this already at in the summer ..i have also the same bolt but just to turn it around to loosen or tighten the belt ..also came to my mind i did tighten the belt too much but im sure its not bending too much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts