Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2012 Subaru Forester with 138,00 miles on it. Rarely a problem with this vehicle. Recently noticed that when I open the door to get in the car the beeper sounds off. Once I'm in the car and I've closed the door it stops. No indication of door open on dashboard.

In addition, my key fobs do not function any more. They will not lock/unlock any doors. Additionally if I'm outside the car with the driver door open and manually lock the doors using the push button lock, the doors lock and then immediately unlock.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the vehicle falsely sensing that keys are in the ignition.

Ideas anyone?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,897 Posts
@airfran I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Take a look at this thread to see if it could be causing your problem: :confused:

Ignition key problem - micro switch workaround

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts