Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/gals, going out to make a pass before the year closes so I can drop my name on the 1/4 mile list. Not sure if anyone in the area is close by and would be interested in coming out as well. Or if you do live close by, here is my forewarning for nasty clutch smells hanging in the air.

My plan is to be there at 10ish when gates open, and get my passes in. I'll be in a black '05 FXT, on STi wheels.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
you know I would love to go but I think im retiring from drag racing the forester. We have a scheduled preview day set for saturday at the new bluegrass speedway in sparta ky. I think this will be the last racing event I do in my forester. Next season(or 2) I hope to have a road race car.

Good luck and post your times so I can edit/add/update the 1320 thread.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I'm hoping to "finish" the time attack car this winter. Else it'll be gone in the summer and I'll start working on a new car. I've been having an itch to build an LS based time attack car or some sort of turbo'ed V6 setup. Trying to make ridiculous HP out of 1.6L just hasn't been working well for me.

Good to hear someone else getting into road racing. Just be prepared for a poor existance but lots of smiles.

Also glad to hear that Bluegrass is finally opening up. What's the scoop on the preview day?

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good. Let me know what you think of the course.

I believe I will have some video and slips so I'll definitely post. I think the high is 54 which I'm not sure is ideal, but it'll serve me better than 90.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts