Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester xs
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the common RR wheel bearing go out. Originally it sounded like a out of balance tire between 45 - 60 but didn't move with a rotation and then i noticed a small amount of cupping on the inner tread of that tire. As if a bad bearing was giving it negative camber.
Changed all that out (had a machine shop do the pressing) and I still have a out of balance noise at 45- 60 in that corner that started small and now its getting louder. Maybe 1000 miles.
The only thing I thought was weird is that normally you can get a bearing noise to get louder and softer by swerving the car to take the weight off the bearing. Cant get this to happen.
Bearing and Hub this time?

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
I had my RR bearing replaced recently too and it never went quiet no matter which way you swerved or turned the vehicle and the noise got louder at 2 different speeds 50 - 60 and 70 - 80 km/h between 60 & 70 it was normal.

Some people say the hub can be scored by the worn bearing and this causes early failure in the new bearing so yours maybe be in that category.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts