Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beantown started his long trip from Boston to Long Island NY, around 4:30am Saturday morning with a soft suspension and a cabin packed to the gills with boxes of mods.
After a detour on the highway, he arrived just after 8:30am.
We started assessing the situation and what we could accomplish in a reasonable amount of time.
After we were under way we found some surprises (as we always do), but heres what it looked like.

Bad shot, but this is what it looked like Saturday morning.

Finished product!

And here's what I like to call the "money" shot!

Now for the list of mods:
-Megan street Coilovers(Forester specific)w/Swift springs
-JDM 4pot front calipers (painted Black w/White lettering)
-H6 Rear calipers (painted Black)
-Goodridge SS brake lines-all around
-Hawk pads-all around
-RacingBrake slotted rotors-all around
-Whiteline 24mm adj Front sway bar
-Whiteline 22mm adj rear sway bar
-Whiteline quick release rear strut tower brace
-Whiteline mechanical ball joint adjustable endlinks -all around
-Whiteline LLWS tab braces
-Perrin MC Brace (modded to fit)
-Rota G-Force 18x9 e35 offset w/255/35/18 summer tires
-STi center cap decals(These look so nice!)
-3" Axleback exhaust
-Re-installed a RA mudflap that had fallen in battle :)

Now for some pics:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
wow thats a serious transformation, must have felt like an entirely new car after all was said and done! did he need any fender work to fit those wheels?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
that thing handles like no buddies business!
With the coilovers, we had the option of just setting the height of the car so the wheels dont come into contact with the fenders. We discussed rolling the fenders, but because of the distinct possibility of paint cracking, even with the right tools, we opted to leave that for another day.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great! Loving the wheel/tire setup. Any problems with rubbing? Did you have to roll the fenders?
There were no clearance or rubbing problems until Chris packed all of his parts and stock wheels in the back and drove home. THEN there was some clearance issues:icon_wink:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now just get those headlights blacked out and itll be perfect!
That detail was discussed over the course of our long day together. We will both be taking care of our blindingly chrome, headlight housings.
At least he has the black tails. Im still shiney back there :)

·
Registered
2007 forester sport xt
473 Posts
It was a tough ride home because I was weighted down with a set of tires, all the suspension mods that were swapped out and a boatload of mods that we ran out of time to install. Plus, the roads leading out of LI to 495 to 95 north were pretty bad. I ended up bouncing the tires off the wheel wells a couple of times. The work Ken did was unbelievable. I can't thank him enough. It is taking a little getting used to the stiffer ride. I also need an alignment. That may help things a bit. The brakes are an incredible upgrade. Ken had to do alot of custom fitting and it was great having the tools to do it. Knowledge was the biggest tool. Next mod: work enough to be able to afford a tune, install a turbo, injectors and fuel pump.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts