Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had the roof spoiler accessory fitted to my MY06, was quoted for the spoiler, painting & fitting, seemed reasonable so ordered it.
Come the day to have it fitted, got the bill........

they forgot to mention the fitting kit that was also required, an extra £120.

All in £420 , surfice to say I aint doing any more to it.

James

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I paid $115 for my spoiler (thanks Benrock05201) and installed it myself in about 35 minutes. No fit kit or anything else and it came out "*****en!" Sorry they raped you for such an easy job...

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Wraith said:
I paid $115 for my spoiler (thanks Benrock05201) and installed it myself in about 35 minutes. No fit kit or anything else and it came out "*****en!" Sorry they raped you for such an easy job...

BTW:

Did you paint it or just mount the black on the silver Forester?

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
zee lee said:
BTW:

Did you paint it or just mount the black on the silver Forester?
Ask and you shall recieve:

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Wraith said:
Ask and you shall recieve:

Looks Good

I was thinking of doing since the X models have have the darker bumper and lower body molding!

I waiting for the Subaru to reduce the price on the "older" colors - "black"

Thanks for the pict.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Benrock05201 said:
That looks good. Glad you like it. And thank you again.

Ben
I'm still undecided on what to do. I think it technically should be silver. However I like the black and how it finishes out the roof. It's just the blue specks with the shiny black don't really do it for me. So I'd like to get it painted a more subdued black, in a perfect world it'd be unfinished and look like the rest of the plastic bits on the car. One way or the other the exterior is done! I'm gonna pick up a few more suspension bits over the next week, throw a cb in it, and what evers left over from my bike sale I'm putting into the tank. Gonna go drive as far as I can and shoot some pix...

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
JTAdams said:
Recently had the roof spoiler accessory fitted to my MY06, was quoted for the spoiler, painting & fitting, seemed reasonable so ordered it.
Come the day to have it fitted, got the bill........

they forgot to mention the fitting kit that was also required, an extra £120.

All in £420 , surfice to say I aint doing any more to it.

James
OO, wouldn't be happy about that at all . Be having a 'chat' with the service manager about costed jobs ....

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Yeah - same here mate ! Give them some stick !!
Pics please though :)

Really want the front under spoiler myself but will have to wait for a bit :( ...I have ordered some of mud flap doobery thingys though from the states like Forestier has - only £90 delivered and painted too !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts