Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I got my 2018 Forester (2.5i) 5K and 15K services done at the dealers - Steven's Creek Subaru.
I am not happy with the level of involvement and I feel that the service reps here are just doing the minimum possible to keep the vehicles rolling.
Would anyone in this Forum know a better place to take my Forester for servicing? I live in Mountain View, but anywhere within 30 mins drive is fine with me.
Where do Forester owners in the South Bay go to for servicing needs?

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT CVT (High Torque)
202 Posts
I just got a bunch of work done at Mann Engineering in Santa Clara and I highly recommend them. They do everything from routine service to track prep and dyno tuning. I got their 1” lift springs (fantastic) and their exhaust (awesome but no drone) installed, and they did a great job. When one of my shocks was bad, they immediately sent me a video so I could see for myself.

I called around to a few places, and most refused to install owner-supplied parts (why?). Mann had no issue installing a bunch of JDM Forester STI parts that I had shipped from Japan, and already had experience installing them.

I went in with a vague idea what I wanted and they helped me come up with a package I was happy with for less than I planned on spending. They talked me out of a couple of upgrades that would have made them money, because they didn’t feel the value was there. They didn’t overcharge me for the Subaru factory parts that were needed.

When I was there I saw three other Foresters, several WRXs, and an Outback in for a variety of services (also several Volvo’s for some reason). I live in SF, but will gladly drive an hour each way to have them do more work in the future.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT auto CVT
2 Posts
Hi guys, I got my 2018 Forester (2.5i) 5K and 15K services done at the dealers - Steven's Creek Subaru.
I am not happy with the level of involvement and I feel that the service reps here are just doing the minimum possible to keep the vehicles rolling.
Would anyone in this Forum know a better place to take my Forester for servicing? I live in Mountain View, but anywhere within 30 mins drive is fine with me.
Where do Forester owners in the South Bay go to for servicing needs?
[/QUOT
Hi, I recommend PMautoworks in San Jose for your service or performance needs. Ricky, Eric and Peter are the owners and are very knowledgeable also very friendly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts