Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory battery is finally giving up on my 03. Been awhile since I actually bought a battery off the shelf and looking for help.

I have an A/V system that is moderately extensive and occasionally its gets used for 30 minutes to an hour with the car off. During those times I am not pushing high volume audio through multiple amps, just gaming or watching video. This obviously means I will need a battery made for this sort of use....deep cycle right?.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Like I said, been awhile since I bought a store shelf battery and even then it was whatever the cross ref book said to get.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,956 Posts
Les Schwab, get the largest conventional battery that will fit. That's what we put in our '03 X. They also have their brand of battery like the Optima battery, if that's what you want. I supose you can get batteries cheaper somewhere else, but it's hard to beat Les Schwab's convenient locations & customer service. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2011 Forester
72 Posts
OEM battery

Anyone here purchased the OEM battery? part number 82110AA010 (for the automatic trans) or 82110AA000 (for the manual trans)..

You can get it from subaruparts.com for $57 + $10 shipping...

·
Registered
2004 Forester X Automatic
91 Posts
I got an Interstate battery back in October that I've been happy with and the warranty seems to be pretty good on it. But my mechanic gave it to me for cost too so I couldn't beat the price.

I sure do hate opening my hood to that bright green though...

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
702 Posts
Anyone here purchased the OEM battery? part number 82110AA010 (for the automatic trans) or 82110AA000 (for the manual trans)..

You can get it from subaruparts.com for $57 + $10 shipping...
Not trying to be a jerk but the OEM battery is weak (CCA wise) for the M/T. You can get a much better battery at Costco/BJs/Walmart/Sears.

Michael

1 - 10 of 10 Posts