Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Forester
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello:

We have a `98 Forester here (155,000 miles), and wondering if this auto trans has band adjustments, as auto transmissions of older days had? Been having trouble with what some people refer to as "slipping", but what I've always referred to as "winding-out" ... it's been taking longer for the trans to shift from 3rd-to-4th (3rd to OD) than normal.

This has been going-on for over a year (despite a partial servicing recently), and is now occurring in the 2nd-to-3rd gear range as well.

·
Registered
98 Forester
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need to run this up the flagpole again ... wondering if this auto trans has band adjustments, as auto transmissions of older days had, please?

I would like to get it to a good "trans-man" (appropriate garage/repair shop) for service if it's advisable...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
No, 4EAT is non adjustable.....and silly fonts put people off!

Done an oil change? usually the first recommendation and often a good fix.

Simon

·
Registered
98 Forester
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, 4EAT is non adjustable.....and silly fonts put people off!

Done an oil change? usually the first recommendation and often a good fix.

Simon
Yes done an oil change - thanks - and not exactly sure what "silly fonts" you're referring to (?) - do you mean highlighting my question with color (?) a question that I had asked a few weeks ago, and which had not received any replies? I highlighted it so as to narrow-it-down (make-it-easier) for potential readers/responders.

I embolden my typing to be better able to read it back to make sure I've asked exactly what I'm needing to ask.

My eyes are bad - sorry you consider that "silly".

·
Registered
98 Forester
15 Posts
My '98 Foz is starting to do the same now (180,000+ miles) which doesn't surprise me because after changing the trans fluid it was black as tar. The previous owner abused the heck out of this car. I have a low mileage 4eat lined up to go in it soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts