Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the front lower control arms with premounted balljoints on my 09 Forester. The sway bar end links on both sides were new as of about 3 weeks before.

The new arms went in without any trouble, but now the front driver side is clacking when I hit certain bumps. Doesn't happen when I hit a bump on the passenger side. Also, doesn't seem to affect the drivability or anything.

I've read that it could be the sway bar bushings which are new, or the end links are rattling up and down... anyone have any ideas??

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just put it up on jackstands & went through every single bolt on that knuckle and the frame on the DS...all tight. Nothing loose.

However! The sway bar had the slightest wiggle in it, so I grabbed some new bushings from Subaru and I haven't heard that clack return yet. Took it onto some rough roads and nothing. Hopefully that fixed it up proper!

Haven't had an alignment yet...next on the list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought they were :/ apparently I had ordered and installed the REAR bushings and end links, as well as the front end links, but for some reason completely missed the front bushings. Dumb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts