Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
why not just buy a colorado now and throw a ls motor in it?

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
after all that... the interior still looks horrible, esp. the shifter. Probably a blast to drive, though, at least until you hit a corner.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutKing
why not just buy a colorado now and throw a ls *7*motor in it?

Fixed it.

LOL
id rather put a ls2 but whos counting?

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I see the LS7 as the ZZ4 of the new millenium. All aluminum, 427 C.I. fuel injected. All the torque of a big block in a small block package. That's what's going in my '69 Camaro or a World Prods. 454 SB.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Coly

I came very close to buying a Crew Cab Coly because the '04s and '05s were available with manual trannies which I enjoy. I think the Coly is a great looking truck. Unfortunately GM made the 175 HP I-4 as the only engine available in this configuration. Go figure. I made several test drives with the 3.42 and 3.73 rears, but neither were much fun with the heavy Crew Cab. Nissan came to my rescue with a 6-Speed manual 4x2 Crew Cab Frontier with a 265 HP V-6. Two test drives were euphoric -- a lot of fun. :grin: But, I'll give up some fuel economy with the Fronty tho, probably 23 with Colorado vs 20 with Frontier. And, in '06 GM dropped the manual tranny option with Coly/Canyon Crew Cabs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts