Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i P 6 Speed manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I picked up our 2014 Premium last monday. After driving it for a few days I noticed that there seems to be possibly an issue with a speaker. The higher frequencies sound off, kind of 'tinny' for lack of a better term. The only other time I've heard this is with a blown HF tweeter. Anyone ever get bad speakers from the factory?

Understand that I am not an audiophile, I was actually completely happy with the stock system that was in my 1986 toyota pickup before this car. Something just doesn't sound right with the stock system. I am hopeing to have a little foreknowledge before taking it to the dealer on friday.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,937 Posts
The stock jsystem (at least from 2008) is total junk. I don't think they have improved much on it. Periodically I used to have a problem with a particular station going down to WV. One of the speakers sounded "tinny"..never happened on another station..wierd.

I am not an audio junky either but they evensound terrible next to my stock 01 Ninan system.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i P 6 Speed manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was fiddling with the head unit settings the other day and found one titled 'sound restorer'. I toggled it off and whatdya know, the crapy 'tinny' sound went away. I tweaked the equalizer settings a bit and now it sounds pretty damn good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts