Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Space For Rent
2011 Forester 4EAT
537 Posts
I will not eat bacon, mainly because of my extreme love of all animals. As a child, I remember the slaughter of pigs on my family farm. The pigs, while being shot, would scream and crawl atop one another during the process. To say the least, sickening. I eat chicken and fish only, but feel guilty of that! No, I am not a Liberal by any means, but confess to being an extreme animal lover! Pigs are very smart, want to live, much like us humans.

Not to mention, bacon/pork are artery cloggers!!

Your farm that you say you grew up on sounds pretty sad, I grew up on a farm too, cows, sheep, pigs, chickens and never once did the pigs scream and crawl atop one another; you were doing it wrong...really wrong.

I guess on your farm, the chickens ran up to you willingly, stretched their necks out and asked you chop their heads off to make a meal out of them (because they aren't as brilliant as a pig?) And the fish, they thanked you for sticking a metal hook into their throat, wrestling them to shore - which of course they love - no stress eh? - and then bashing them on the head a couple of times.

Back to the topic, I love good lean bacon, however we don't eat it very often as I just don't have the metabolism anymore for it! I buy a nice maple cooked ham that is cooked in-store, slice it up and use it for omelettes, salads etc.

·
Registered
2011 2.5X Premium PZEV 4EAT
1,036 Posts
About twice a year, on a trip to Las Cruces (130 miles one way), we get the "BBLT" (6 slices) at the Corner Bakery Cafe on Lohman, just west of I-25. Highly recommended. No guilt whatsoever.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,890 Posts
I haven't tried this, but a link sure belongs here in this thread. A spice that makes everything taste like bacon!

321 - 331 of 331 Posts