Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

I got my 2010 Forester last year in June of 2009.

I just noticed last night that the button on my rear seat which allows it to recline, Right Side, was lying on the floor. Now, I usually ride alone and sometimes my wife on the weekends. But hardly anyone ever sits in the back of my Forester and I have not carried anyone or any item lately in the back.

I checked the other button for the other seat and that was tight and secure.
I ofcourse tried to plug it back in, but that did not work.

I will be taking my Ride back to Subaru this Weekend to get that fixed, but I was really ticked off about that.

Well I basically wanted to hear from anyone, especially those of you who have 2009 or 2010 Foresters, has this happen to you guys?

Any info would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

Posting some pics thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
That is pretty quick for the button to break. Kind of odd... I am sure the dealer will replace and you won't have anymore issues.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
That is very odd. Maybe there is a "ghost in the machine". :shrug:

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,912 Posts
Weird. I get use out of both of them all the time. Haven't had a problem with either.

·
Registered
2009 X Limited
141 Posts
I think this is an issue with the part quality and design. This plastic piece has popped out at least 3 or 4 times since we got our 09. It seems to happen when some force is placed at an almost parallel (to the surface of the button) angle to the side of the button. Each time it has happened when we were loading something heavy in the back.

I just pop it back in and we're good to go. I don't think a new part will help. It's simply a cheap piece of plastic that is not secured well. I accept it as part of the subaru experience. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
No issues here and the kids love the reclining feature, so it gets used a fair bit. But it is something I will keep an eye on.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
176 Posts
It happens to my 2010. When I purchased it they actually had to replace the entire end of the seat back because the fabric was originally cut wrong. But since then, it has popped out once more, and it was a pain to get back in.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2010 Forester
54 Posts
Mine has popped out about 5 times, The plastic part is not broken just not properly secured to the seat. Hope they re-design so I can buy the new part.

·
Registered
2013 2.0i Sport Premium 6 CVT
172 Posts
Happens to my rear passenger seat in my 2010 XT. Mine isnt all the way in right now. If you push hard enough it works but I think mine might be broken. It is only when people sit in the seat, I think piece isnt deep enough and when the bolster shifts it unclips itself. Pain....

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
194 Posts
can someone give me a part # and a cost and where to buy one of these recline buttons? Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
I've the same problem the part number is:

Right : 64328ag001jc (black)
Left : 64328ag011jc (black)

Check if it's correct.

Paul

·
Registered
05 forester xt 5mt
980 Posts
am i reading correctly . the sf and sh foresters have rear reclining seats but not the sg?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
am i reading correctly . the sf and sh foresters have rear reclining seats but not the sg?
Yes, but not all of the SF gen either - just 98-00.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Automatic
1 Posts
Apparently this is a common problem if you check around. I don't often have anyone riding in my back seat. My passenger side button fell out on the ground when my brother got out of the car at Christmas. Someone standing nearby happened to see it. Four of us tried to get it back in. The Subaru dealer couldn't get it to stay in either. They replaced it yesterday. We'll see what happens. Sounds like a poor design.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts