Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some here know about my submariner adventure with my Foz.
Hard to believe it's been almost four months ago.

So finally after gutting the interior,power cleaning everything,days drying out the wiring harnesses that got submerged,replacing the ECU,replacing all wheel bearings,taking apart and repacking all the CV's,changing out all the fluids(including transmission)and fixing a seal leak in the steering rack with Lucas power steering sealer(great stuff,highly recommend)my baby's finally back on the road.
:woohoo:
The only issue I've got is trouble code P0031(front O2 sensor heater).
Gonna pull the plug and clean it tomorrow(one of the few plugs I have yet to disconnect and clean)and with a little luck that problem will be solved.
Oh and my horns not working.

On the road again,I'm giddy with joy!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
I have used a few of the exact fit(plug and play) ones from Bosch. Worked with out issues. The only universal one I have used was DOA after wiring up the plug. None of these were on a subaru.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used a few of the exact fit(plug and play) ones from Bosch. Worked with out issues. The only universal one I have used was DOA after wiring up the plug. None of these were on a subaru.
The Bosch I'm talking about is exact fit so I'm gonna get it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
I forgot,brand new Walmart Everstart Maxx battery(Consumer reports recommended)
Just a note, i work at autozone and we get Everstart batteries dead all the time, I don't think I would advise them (not sure of their free replacement policy though).

Definitely gonna need a O2 sensor.

Bosch $61.99 at Autozone.

Anybody have pro or cons of this unit?
The Bosch I'm talking about is exact fit so I'm gonna get it.

Thanks,
I just recently replaced my rear O2 sensor with a bosch direct fit, worked like a charm and passed emissions!

Oh, and congratz with being on the road...lol maybe not literally the road right?

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a note, i work at autozone and we get Everstart batteries dead all the time, I don't think I would advise them (not sure of their free replacement policy though).
Put one in my Durango and it lasted longer than the truck did,(had been in it for over 5 years with no problem).

But better than that I got my rear window squirter working:woohoo:
The little check valve got gummed up sitting so long,took me awhile to figure it out.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New O2 sensor is in,old one came right out,I was shocked with it being 121,000 mile old.
CEL code gone.:woohoo:

Fabbing up the trailing arm blocks now and then the wheel alignment.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Just put a bosch universal for the rear and had no problems. took forever to make up the connections, but it is a good connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts