Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I have owned a few Subarus (3, 93 Impreza 1.8, 00 OBS, 00 Impreza TS) between my German car addiction and my most-recent dip back into Japanese cars (NB Miata). I already dove into the EJ25 tech section last night trying to save my GF's Fozzie on a budget, but in a massive, overnight change in purchasing direction within her family, I am acquiring a 2007 Forester Sport X for its trade-in value. Much of the decision was driven by the fact that this chassis if FAR cleaner than anything I can find where I currently live. So, despite the mechanical issues, I couldn't have it 'leave the family' for next to nothing. I will be repairing it (radiator, HGs later), taking it home within the next month and going through the import inspection and winterizing process (washing, waxing, rust-proofing, wheel touch-up and painting, winter tire purchase & installation). The cold months will give me enough time to decide whether I lift of lower and source my manual trans swap.

Everyone, meet Ruby.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....and this has now turned into a full-on project. I will be adding to the member rides section very shortly as I am hoping to acquire an 05 FXT 5-sp this week as a donor car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts