1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick Bio
Hey all,
In case you don't know me by now, I'm Jon. I purchased my 09 Forester back in February 2008, mainly using my Fozzie as a commuter vehicle to school. I'm currently a Student at the University of Maryland, College Park, majoring in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Management, as well as a minor in Project Management. Eventually I'll be getting my Masters in Architecture, and be fully licensed in both fields. Currently, I'm working as a Police Auxiliary Officer with the College Park Police Department as well as a full time student, So any free time I have tends to go straight to my car... Enjoy and leave comments!

Quick Snap of the Foz when I first got her:

Table of Contents

Exterior
1. Sport Grille (Post 1)
2. Front/Rear Underguards (Post 3)
3. Chrome Door Pillars (Post 3) (Removed)
4. Chrome Exhaust Tips (Post 3)
5. OEM Fog Lights (Post 3)
6. OEM Rear Spoiler (Post 3)
7. Window/Hood/Moonroof Deflectors (Post 3)
8. Body-Side Mouldings (Post 3)
9. Rally Armor Mudflaps Rally Armor Logo's (Post 5)
10. Tinted Tails/Reflector lights (Post 5)
11. Front Underspoiler (Post 18)
12. Subaruforester.com Logo's (Post 7)
13. Custom front Lip (Post 90)
14. Decals and such (Post 79)
15. 40% Front Window tint (Post 98)
16. Front/Rear Bumper Corner Mouldings (Post 140)
17. DIY Front Lip Spoiler (Post 90)
18. Subaru Badge of Ownership (Post 201)
19. 2010 Symmetrical AWD Badge (Post 214)
20. Custom Light Bar (TBD)

Interior
1. OEM Footwell Illumination kit/ Blue Interior Lighting (Post 6)
2. STi Shift knob (Post 7)
3. STi Pedals (Post 7)
4. Severe Weather Companion Kit (Post 7)

Electronics
1. Kenwood KSC-SW10 Sub (Post 5) [Removed]
2. Clarion DUZ-385 SAT Aftermarket Head Unit w/ iPod Interface (Post 7) (Removed)
3. Alpine IXA-W404 Aftermarket Head Unit w/ Touchscreen iPod Interface (Post 161)
4. Front Alpine Type S Speakers (Post 15)
5. Rear Kicker 07 DS600 Speakers (Post 23) (Removed)
6. 2 Alpine Type S Components with Rear Tweeters (Post 140)
7. Kenwood KAC-8404 4/3/2 Channel Amp (Post 45)
8. Infinity Basslink Subwoofer (Post 56) (Removed)
9. Two Interchangeable 12" Magnum Subs with Magnum Amplifier (Post 64) Removed
10. Door Dynamating (Post 78)
11. 12" Alpine Type R Subwoofer (Post 242)
12. Trunk Dynamating (TBD)

Exterior Lighting
1. Navigator Fog Lights (Post 53) (Removed)
2. Underbody LED Lighting (Post 1)
3. OEM Fog Lights (Post 3)
4. Sylvania Silverstar H11 Low Beam Bulbs (Post 75) (Removed)
5. Xentec HID Kit 6000K Lo Beams (Post 220)
6. Xentec HID Kit 8000K Hi Beams (Post 220)
6. Xentec HID Kit 3000K Fog Lights (Post 242)
7. Hella 500's (TBD)

Performance, Suspension, Engine Dress-Up
1. AVO High Flow Panel Air Filter (Post 57)
2. 19mm STi Rear Sway Bar (Post 246)
3. RalliTek Endlinks for STi RSB (TBD)
4. 2011 Subaru WRX Quad Tip Exhaust (Post 251)
5. Hybrid Cold Air Intake System (TBD)

Miscellaneous
1. Bio (Post 1)
2. Outer Banks Beach pics with the Foz, other random shots (Post 7)
3. Updated List of Completed Mods (Post 48)
4. Pics from the Foz's first winter in MD (Post 64)
5. Pics from Sugarloaf Mountain (Post 215)

ENJOY AND LEAVE FEEDBACK!

So I thought instead of having all these different little threads with pics of my ride... I'd start my own thread documenting everything I've done... I'm not big on adding an intake or a turbo or anything... My mods are purely aesthetic and such. I like my car to "Stand out" and look "different" Also, I REALLY don't want to hear any comments about the "STI" badges on the car. Yes, I know that this isn't even a turbo, but I like the way it looks. So I don't wanna get any slack about it... alright? Well on to the journal....

I was unsure of how to do mods because I've never worked on a car EVER before... But this Subaru changed everything...

First up I decided I didn't like the flashy chrome grille and I wanted something a bit more "Subaru-like?"

Next choice was to light up the ground with some custom puddle lamps! Gotta love all the red... Go Terps!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,707 Posts
Great start on your Members Journal! :cool:

Was it very difficult to remove the front bumper? :confused:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then came time for some underguards.... I like the way the Silver contrasts the Black and Red...

Before and After Shot

Before the Rear Underguard

After:

Now its time for something shiny on the door pillars to match the Chrome Door handles... I didn't like how there was that empty space in between the chrome door pillars so I threw on some window deflectors too... And then since I had the window deflectors, I just had to have the hood deflector and moonroof deflectors.... along with the OEM Fog lights...

Now its time for that OEM spoiler... I always wanted a spoiler on my car... Never had a car that had one...

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now its time to fix the CRAP sound system... I installed the OEM tweeters (No pics) and a Kenwood KSC-SW10 sub... thanks to 2.5xsleeper for the recommendation!

Now its time for the body side moldings... now that I look back at it I wish I had them contrasting the body color in Black... oh well, I still like it!

Now, it was time for those much anticipated Rally Armor Mudflaps... and the Chrome Exhaust tips... Along with tinting the tail lights and the rear reflector lights a bit.. along with the Rear Bumper Cover

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now its time to work on that Interior!!!
I decided I wanted the cabin semi-lit in blue... But not to be too distracting... So my resolution was the OEM footwell illumination lights as well as some neon for the back seats and the trunk. Since there's no real cargo lighting besides the above head light, and in the front storage compartment I thought this might make it look a bit unique and distinct from other Fozzies.
Attached to the sub under the drivers seat:

Trunk Lighting (1 Neon on each side)

Rear Footwell Lighting (1 Neon under each footwell)

Front Footwell Illumination kit

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So FINALLY we get to my most recent mods..... A new head unit (A Clarion DUZ385-SAT)... some fancy-looking STi Pedals and that leather STi shift knob... (No criticism over the STi stuff please)

Oh! And I forgot to mention the Subaruforester.com Logo's on the Back trunk windows...

On to other things... Just thought I'd post some pics from my family's first trip in my new Foz up to the Outer Banks... A little offroad driving (If you even consider it that... I thought it was fun, but I'm craving some more offroad adventure!)
Checkin out the view:

With the car:

With my bro:

My Dad:

And here's the most recent pictures of my car, as it stands today, August 27, 2009!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,707 Posts
Nope not at all! You just have a bunch of tedious work removing these pop rivets... and then its a cinch to remove
Your pictures additions looking great! :cool:

Thanks for the insight on the front removal. One of my MODs is to add fog lights to my '07 FSXT, which doesn't have factory fogs. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your pictures additions looking great! :cool:

Thanks for the insight on the front removal. One of my MODs is to add fog lights to my '07 FSXT, which doesn't have factory fogs. :smile:

Bobby...
That sounds like a really good idea... I like the fog lights even though mine don't really do much... I just hated those weird plastic circular things where the fogs were supposed to go... I'm thinking of buying some streetglow LED Fogs to add on to the opening where the silver bumper underguard is... So I wont need to get a bull bar.

Clarion really looks nice in the car. So did you loose the wheel controls
Thanks! For now, I have. I still need to get my Adapter so I can use the controls again. However, I've lost control of my Aux input... But I like how I can scroll through my playlists and easily switch songs with the head unit.... Now I just need some better speakers and a good amp and my sound system is ready....:Banane08:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Everything looks good except the lighting, chrome pillar stickers and the silver front and rear bumper items.

Im not a fan of undercar lighting, and while it looks good on your car, its not my taste.

The chrome pillar stickers are way out of place, as well as the sliver bumper contrasts. I do understand the wheels are silver, but the contrasts make the bumpers look HUGE.

Other than those small items, it looks great. But please, dont listen to me, its your ride, and rock it how you feel fit..

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything looks good except the lighting, chrome pillar stickers and the silver front and rear bumper items.

Im not a fan of undercar lighting, and while it looks good on your car, its not my taste.

The chrome pillar stickers are way out of place, as well as the sliver bumper contrasts. I do understand the wheels are silver, but the contrasts make the bumpers look HUGE.

Other than those small items, it looks great. But please, dont listen to me, its your ride, and rock it how you feel fit..
Thanks! As for the undercar lighting, I was just looking for the color to match the body.

sti pieces gotta go since it is an non turbo model but everything else is ok. your ride, your tastes do what u like
I agree... I thought they'd look good at first but I might just save them for a Future Subaru...

Looks good, you've put some effort into the overall setup.

Aside from the STi badges I really like it, you should get some wheels and suspension for it now.
Thanks... I've got my next install on the way probably on Tuesday... the new Front Underspoiler... Get rid of the front Silver underguard. Will be posting pics once I install it!

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Update!

So today after work I decided I wanted some better speakers... The stock door speaker units lacked the clarity, Mids, and Highs I was looking for... So I went with a pair of Alpine Type S 6.5" 2way coaxial door speakers...

Tuesday I'll be installing the new Front Underspoiler... More Pics to come! :woohoo::biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New Front Underspoiler Installed!

So today, I finally got a chance to install my new Front Underspoiler... Installation was easier than I thought it would be... heres some pics...

1 - 20 of 263 Posts