Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5-speed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a while for some options in this area but can't really find any. I'm not looking to run a whole new exhaust system I'm just looking for a better flowing muffler that will make it louder and sound better. Anyone have some good options?

·
Premium Member
2013 Battle Wagon The Lazy One
1,358 Posts
There are a ton of options out there. WRX setup, Nameless, Perrin, pretty much anything for an 08+ wrx sedan will work.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
08+ wrx exhaust will bolt right up. No real mods needed. I'm running 2011 wrx quad tips. They do touch the bumper ever so gently but it doesn't bother me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2011 Foz 2.5XT Touring auto
175 Posts
I really like the Nameless axle back muffler delete system on their web site, any one have these installed? I'm just worried that it will be to loud.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
You have to be very careful of drone in the cabin when driving. Nameless is a very good company and I haven't heard any complaint from them. On my end with the wrx cat back, I have drone.

If the nameless is too loud for you, adding a resonator in the mid pipe will help. Ik there is some clips on YouTube of an SH with nameless and it sounds really good. Not too loud

·
Registered
2011 Foz 2.5XT Touring auto
175 Posts
You have to be very careful of drone in the cabin when driving. Nameless is a very good company and I haven't heard any complaint from them. On my end with the wrx cat back, I have drone.

If the nameless is too loud for you, adding a resonator in the mid pipe will help. Ik there is some clips on YouTube of an SH with nameless and it sounds really good. Not too loud

Yeah, from the video it sounds great. I just don't want it to sound crazy you know i mean its a FORESTER with a giant roof basket and over sized tires... but thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Xt LTD Auto
525 Posts
I ran the nameless performance muffler deletes. Took them off when I went full 3" all the way back. I have clips on my journal if you check. I actually still have them sitting around if someone is interested. They are quite a bit louder, but I really enjoyed them. They have some noise at some RPMs but for me, it was well worth the great noise they made. I have the twin tip setup.

·
Registered
2010 Forester x limited Manuel
103 Posts
Muffler delete? Wow. I run 5” nameless and it’s barky. Couldn’t imagine a delete system.

·
Registered
2010 Forester x limited Manuel
103 Posts
I thought this over and decided to go with the 5" muffs instead. Thanks!
I think you're making the smart choice. lol I started mine up this morning and left my phone in the house. as I was walking back in to grab it I realized how loud cold start was. I wouldn't change it because I love that tone. Now I did do away with the stock mid-pipe and went with a Bosal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you're making the smart choice. lol I started mine up this morning and left my phone in the house. as I was walking back in to grab it I realized how loud cold start was. I wouldn't change it because I love that tone. Now I did do away with the stock mid-pipe and went with a Bosal.
What kind of suspension/strut setup is your Forester sitting on? Or is it stock and just looks lower because of the angle of the photo?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts