Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought I'd share.! Been piecing this lil set up together. The idea is to have an enclosure off the awning and away from it rubbing against the car.
Just need 2 more 'brackets' for tent poles to support the slide rails and should be good to go. This should move the enclosure and awning up to 60cm away from the vehicle.

Thule Slide Bars
Yakama awning bracket inc 4 spacers
Ironman awning

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Kevin cheers!
Haven't tried the corrugations yet, good point and you made me go have a look.. There's a bit of left to right slack in the slide bar locking mechanism, during install I was able to get that out by sliding the slack to the out most point and pushing the awning bracket back so the lock nuts are hard against the end caps and yes, there is a bit of rubbing on the end cap..

My other option is to flip the brackets and have them set back so I can get to the release mechanism (have the awning sitting higher on top of the slide bars.) Upside to that idea is I can slide the rails the other way so the awning is 60cm over the vehicle roof.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awning brackets flipped. The holes for the tent poles need to be slightly bigger to fit through their brackets. Back door opens to its second placement before the pole gets in the way. More functional this way, just doesn't sit as nice on the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts