Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Big warning to anyone who has ever considered dealing with this...poor excuse for a vendor. The self-proclaimed "CEO" - Sylvain Cayer has some serious anger issues, is clearly delusional and is by far, the rudest and aggressive person I have EVER had the displeasure of dealing with. Short of detailing the highlights of his very likely learning, and sociological disabilities, I implore you to steer far clear away from this shady business. At first I saw a few negative reviews and thought "...hmmm...couldnt really be THAT bad..." but it was. This business is not even worthy of a single star rating, they are highly unprofessional, unnecessarily rude and aggressive, have zero product knowledge, and, based on Sylvains temperment, will not hesitate to engage in vengeful behavior. I've never had to say this about anyone, and normally would just ignore it but this guy was over-the-top bat-**** and the public needs to know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
- Inquire about a part, first ever contact with him.
- Receive bizzare, aggressive response.
- Proceed with diplimatic response to him.
- Receive an even worse, seemingly escalated, heated and threatening response.
- Nope the **** out if there, and block sender, and warn community.

Based on that experience, one could conclude that the guy has serious issues and shouldn't be in a public facing or public interacting role whatsoever.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you have an alternative for a Canadian as myself? I don't like paying outrageous exchange and duties. That place seems to have everything I need for a clutch replacement and installing a second hand exhaust system I bought that doesn't have any gaskets or hardware. I would happily boycott the vendor but I would need somewhere else to go. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worst customer service ever.

I just had the absolute worst online shopping experience ever with his subsidiary "company" FT86 Motorsports.

Absolute farce of a experience and HOURS wasted on emails and frustration.

Ordered parts in early April and was told after 15 days to stop asking about delivery times.

Sylvain Cayer basically held my money hostage refusing to refund and refusing to ship my parts.

My parts have just been shipped nearly 2 months later and are in transit.

The e-mails sent by Sylvain Cayer are incredible. You would think he hires a 12 year old teenager with hormone issues to do his customer service.

I had to initiate a Paypal claim after the lines of communications failed and he threatened to sue me over the Paypal claim.

Sylvain Cayer sent me an e-mail telling me that he would wait as long as possible to ship my parts due to my "attitude".

In one e-mail he described his customer service as "Perfect". You can't make this stuff up.

Steer clear of this company at all costs !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avoid subiedepot

Hello, I just registered in this forum just to reply to this thread. Avoid subiedepot at all cost, even if you have to pay more to buy from ebay or any other place then do so. I had the worst buying experience with these people. First of all they take forever to deliver the items, everything they have is a special order even if you bought something unpainted it is still special order. Also, the owner or CEO or founder or manager (Mr. Cayer) or whatever he calls himself is very rude and doesn't know how communicate with other humans. I don't even know how their business is still running. JUST AVOID.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While I agree that things can take a while to ship, I've always gotten them. So far I got the kartboy brake adapters, Whiteline rear strut bar, IAG AOS, and my Borla exhaust. All did arrive although it took maybe a month, but I'm guessing this is done to keep prices low. The exhaust did only take 2 or 3 days to ship and was cheaper than anywhere else too. I personally can't attest to any interactions with the owner as I have never spoken with him. I read the reviews and that just basically it takes a while and that has been my experience which I was ok with. I think best advice is just be prepared to wait so if you're in a rush you maybe should overnight from Japan....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
jindra
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing