Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5XT SH Manual
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if it is possible for the climate control to be adjusted, not to turn the heater on, when in "auto" mode? For instance if the settings for the fan and climate control are in "Auto" mode and temperature is set at, say 20 degrees Celsius and it is 19 degrees outside, the damn heater comes on!

The Subaru set up, seems to be such a dumb system compared to my BMW, which is much more intelligent in regulating the cabin temperature, by applying variable AC compressor switching, etc, in stead of the Subie's on, or off only system. This causes cabin temp to be either too hot or too cold, nowhere in between!

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
At least around here, comparing the hvac systems of a BMW to a subaru is like comparing a VW to a Caddy.

I have no issues with my 2007 Auto temp control. I leave both dials on auto, set my desired temp and roll with it. If its too warm, I turn it down or off. Same for cold.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
I agree with OP 100%, AUTO system my donkey, I constantly have to adjust it, it gets too cold or too hot, never keeps the desired temp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts