Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local store has these items, the water pump, tensioner and the idler. Would it be advisable to buy from them or do these items need to be subaru? This is for an 2005 Forester X with 73k on it. The compressor is out so I am doing the 100k maintenance on it right away.

Thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
I have not used a aftermarket tensioner, but I do prefer the aftermarket water pumps over the OEM.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
78 Posts
I used the Autozone water pump, thermostat and gasket when I did my HG job. I'm pretty sure they came with a lifetime warranty. The water pump looked well made and had the heavier duty looking, cast impeller (as opposed to a stamped steel one) that has been recommended on here and other sites.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
I used the Autozone water pump, thermostat and gasket when I did my HG job. I'm pretty sure they came with a lifetime warranty. The water pump looked well made and had the heavier duty looking, cast impeller (as opposed to a stamped steel one) that has been recommended on here and other sites.
I work at Autozone, imho they are better because everything is lifetime warranty and it's easy to get replacements, not to mention hell of a lot cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts