Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SFR Solo 2 had their first round on Sunday with a record turn out. My group ran at the end of the day with headlights and parking lot lights. It was like a rally SS at night.

The new bar coded system was a major PITA since several people had to be entered into the system. There were problems at the start line and the guys had to manually enter the numbers instead of scanning the bar code.

For those of you running that big strano bar, did it help?

I ran ESP and I think I was able to beat at least one person in my class. (Not bad since I easily had the MOST ground clearance at course.):p

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well somehow I still ended up with a DNW. It was a pretty hectic day and I misread my worksheet. I ended up going to the trailer and working for another to group to avoid the DNW. I'm pretty sure they will fix my results.

Looks like the truck was faster than me but I did beat one of the camaros in my class.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Ten days and a wake-up for my first of the season. And so much to-do. The strano/brakes/tires/wheels are done but the PolTec box endlinks and Cobb rear sway bar is not installed.

·
Registered
Frank & the FXT
172 Posts
I think I'll be doing a non-points early season race in my XT in a few weeks, will let you know.

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Practice on Sat.(2/11 and 2/12) and Race on Sun. here in Socal. The format for Sat. will be Prosolo style. Solo2 style on Sun.

I will be running in ESP for the first time as well, usually in STU. Should be interesting to be drag racing camaros, trans ams and a 62 Corvair that get's trailered to the event!!

Wish me luck....

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
School me folks. On throttle understeer is a problem I can't seem to control as much as I'd like. My only suspension mods so far is the strano bar. My SpecV with LSD would tuck right in. Sure I slow in/fast out but in the cones I might underestimate my track-out point. As you apply throttle the track-out point seems to get wider the more you get into it. Of course I'll compensate but time will be loss. This weekend I'll install my RSB and Coilovers by March, will this correct the problem???

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wagn said:
School me folks. On throttle understeer is a problem I can't seem to control as much as I'd like. My only suspension mods so far is the strano bar. My SpecV with LSD would tuck right in. Sure I slow in/fast out but in the cones I might underestimate my track-out point. As you apply throttle the track-out point seems to get wider the more you get into it. Of course I'll compensate but time will be loss. This weekend I'll install my RSB and Coilovers by March, will this correct the problem???
The big strano bar might be making your car push more. With a big front bar and stock rear bar you have changed the ratio between the bars. Now you're loading up that front outside tire even more since your front bar is trying to do most of the work controlling body roll.

I've never driven a car with the strano. I'm guessing excellent turn-in but pushes with more steering input.

The suby guys here like to run around -3 degrees front camber to bring up the cornering speed which offsets the need to keep a neutral throttle until they can unwind the steering wheel. Patience through the turns...then roll onto the throttle to prevent upsetting the suspension.

You can also use the late apex when ever possible. It gives you a longer straight which means more time mashing the go pedal.

·
Registered
Frank & the FXT
172 Posts
I would also say that big front bar is contributing to your push.
I do remember the RS guys would always do the rear bar first to give the car more oversteer and lessen the pushing.

My 'race' car has been on an upgraded suspension for so long I forgot it ever understeered. Besides that, after putting in good diffs my whole driving style had to be changed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We have our runoffs on Feb 26. I just qualified with a 5th place (for the season) finish in ESP. I'll let you guys know how I do. Mind you, I'm still chasing these race rubber guys while on street rubbers. Good stuff :)

A

·
0 Posts
race pix

i would like to see other FXTs dressed up for race day. i know the pix could be posted in another area but would like to keep the continuity. I still have another month before i start my season.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
wagn said:
School me folks. On throttle understeer is a problem I can't seem to control as much as I'd like. Coilovers by March, will this correct the problem???
Hell yeah!:Banane01: No Auto-X experience here but I'm still on my stock bars and it's as neutral as can be. I'm running 7k springs front and rear on c/os. That's just too much travel and weight distribution to control.

I am going to upgrade the bars soon but it will be for more ultimate grip and camber control and not to cure understeer.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
wagn said:
With the MR Coil Overs and the Cobb rsb on fullstiff I'm a happy camper. Turn-in/rotation is instant and far more than the GeoSqueelers can take.

Also the Feb AX was cancelled due to an ice storm. Wussies

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
autoxer said:
i would like to see other FXTs dressed up for race day. i know the pix could be posted in another area but would like to keep the continuity. I still have another month before i start my season.
From our first event, non-points test and tune. Did ok, top third of the pack. Cold, cold day. No fun working the course, but turbo's sure love the cold.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nazsub1 said:
From our first event, non-points test and tune. Did ok, top third of the pack. Cold, cold day. No fun working the course, but turbo's sure love the cold.
Looking good!

That's great to see a Forester XT in STU! I had thought about entering that class this year but decided to stay in ESP. The SF region has a couple of Cadillacs that run in STU but they are not very competitive.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wagn said:
With the MR Coil Overs and the Cobb rsb on fullstiff I'm a happy camper. Turn-in/rotation is instant and far more than the GeoSqueelers can take.

Also the Feb AX was cancelled due to an ice storm. Wussies
Those FF and FR guys just couldn't deal with the AWD advantage...;-)

I have yet to see an event cancelled due to weather here. The event is "On" no matter how hard it rains. An icestorm could be a different story.

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
This pic is from last year, but nice none the less.
Those 215's look so skinny now that I am used to the 245's :D
Sorry for the double post of this pic. It's also in the aux lighting thread.

A

·
0 Posts
great pictures. ploney, were running stock geos in that pic? I enjoyed seeing the tire roll like that. makes me miss my stock tires. NOT! will post my car soon. all i have is a pic from last year.

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
autoxer said:
great pictures. ploney, were running stock geos in that pic? I enjoyed seeing the tire roll like that. makes me miss my stock tires. NOT! will post my car soon. all i have is a pic from last year.
Did not even attempt running Geos on the track.
I had Falken ST115's on then. 215 55 16.
Kinda too tall = roll.:oops:
The Geo Mushies would have been even worse. No side wall reinforcement what so ever.

245 45 17 Azenis 615's are the way to go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts