Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Does the device work well in your opinion? Asking because I will have to outlay more to get one delivered here.
From everyone I've seen give input on the device, it works as it should. Turn it off and it remains off and vice versa. It will not reset after the car is turned off and then back on like it does without the device. Once off it remains off until you turn it back on.

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 CVT base model
265 Posts
I purchased one immediately afe they became available several months ago (RAB version) and installed in immediately.

Its worked flawlessly ever since installation. I highly recommend it!
That's what I wanted to hear.
When you take your vehicle in for service, do you tell the Dealer that this device is fitted?
I wonder if they would notice the changed vehicle operation and investigate?
My installation will be in the Eyesight harness and our Dealers would love to have an 'out' on a warranty issue if an after market product is discovered. That's my only concern. The Autostop videos give me a sense of confidence in their expertise. Just a feeling I get from them.
I have sent an Email to Autostop and their reply will determine what to do next.

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
962 Posts
I do my own regular maintenance, but I’ve had my 19 Touring in for a couple of issues (rattles, TSB fixes). No questions from the dealership at all. Unless you have an issue directly related to the installation, there really isn’t anything for the service dept. to complain about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you take your vehicle in for service, do you tell the Dealer that this device is fitted?
I wonder if they would notice the changed vehicle operation and investigate?
If you're concerned, just turn on the Auto Stop/Start again before you arrive at the Dealer by pushing the button on the dash (assuming you had it disabled to begin with). The Auto Stop/Start will behave as per the manual after you re-enable it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The only time I'd really worry about it is if I had a problem with the EyeSight system or something else I think they might try to tie to it (e.g. electrical, etc.). In that case, I'd simply uninstall it prior to my visit.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
83 Posts
We had ours in for an oil change a couple of months back, I just reached under the seat and unplugged / removed it just in case. We purchased an extended warranty, the cynic in me wonders if they'd use it as an excuse to void something.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,063 Posts
Check the torque on your license plate bolts. That can void the entire warranty!

Yup

:eek:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Personally I turn mine off every time, mainly because it annoys me.
Same here especially in this application. In fact, I have given serious consideration to buying the AutoStop Eliminator since they now offer a solution to the rest of us Subaru owners who don't have RAB.

·
Registered
2020 Forester base
31 Posts
Nice catch on that eliminator Kean,, just watched the videos. Could be on the shopping list 👍

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yeah, I try to get the word out where I can because I know there were a lot of us who were interested in it only to be disappointed by the fact that it was only applicable with the RAB equipped trims. They just released the new solution about a month or so ago when someone mentioned it to me.

Definitely on my list of things to buy for my wife's '20 Premium so we don't have to keep pushing that button to turn it off.

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 CVT base model
265 Posts
Still waiting for Autostop to respond to my Email regarding shipping to Aust. I need the AE026 to fit the Eyesight harness.
Extended battery life is just another reason I want to fit it. It still feels so wrong when I forget to press the button and the engine stops!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yeah, I sent them an email once to inquire about their plans for another solution for those without RAB and never got a response. ......but then saw a couple months later that they released it.

Still, they never bothered to answer so it makes me wonder

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
962 Posts
That’s odd... when I communicated with them as the device was hitting the market, I received timely responses to my emailed questions...

Perhaps something changed, either on a temporary or permanent basis...

The product works flawlessly, tho...

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's called A.S.S. for a reason; It is a royal P.I.T.A! If I had the means, I would disable it permanently. If you insist on leaving a smaller carbon footprint, you might write Subaru and tell them they should install an icon on the dash that tells you how many trees you saved by using A.S.S.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If it bugs you that much to turn it off each time your restart the car, you can buy an Autostop Eliminator.

·
Registered
14 Forester
2 Posts
A couple of years ago I bought a second hand genuine tow bar for my 14. When I fitted the bar to my surprise the stop start was no longer in operation. The switch and light still worked but the engine would not stop. I had a good look and worked out what had happened. The bar came with the rectangular plug socket but the socket cover door was missing. It was then that I worked out how the stop start works. In the socket cover is a small magnet which operates a reed switch in the body of the socket so when the cover is closed the stop start works fine but with the cover open and a trailer plug inserted the stop start is off until you remove the plug. The Forester socket is a 7 pin but has 9 wires, the two extra are for the reed switch. I bought a new cover with a magnet and fitted it and sure enough the stop start worked again. Now I really don't like the stop stop start feature so dug through some spares and fitted an old socket cover without a magnet which stopped the stop start working which is fine by me but if necessary I can refit the cover with the magnet in a couple of minutes and the thing will work again.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forrester touring, Magnetite Gray metallic
28 Posts
From everyone I've seen give input on the device, it works as it should. Turn it off and it remains off and vice versa. It will not reset after the car is turned off and then back on like it does without the device. Once off it remains off until you turn it back on.
Nice summary. Might add, the orange light icon stays on. For me, well worth it.

341 - 360 of 380 Posts