Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2014 Ford Mustang
23 Posts
Can you explain how to deactivate? I do not know anyone who has a vehicle with this feature and likes it. This could keep me from buying the 2019 and seriously looking at a 2018 instead. Thanks!

· Registered
2014 Ford Mustang
23 Posts
And I am wondering how this is going to work on a 113 degree afternoon in the scorching hot Arizona sun, when the A/C compressor shuts down and fan speed is reduced while I sit at a long traffic light. I know, I know... I can push the defeat button, but I would rather not have to do that.

And how will Auto Stop/Start work at night? How much drain will there be on the battery with the headlights on? No doubt that batteries, starters and other components that occasionally have to be replaced will be more expensive for the 2019 thanks to this "feature".

Keeping my 2010 is looking better all the time.
I have read, but no practical knowledge, that the start/stop feature does not activate when the a/c is on. I will wait and test drive the 2019 Forester to see how this actually works in Tucson's heat with a/c running.

· Registered
2014 Ford Mustang
23 Posts
With the AUS Spec SJ NA 2.5 Forester, the Auto Start-Stop doesn't get disabled when the A/C is turned on. We have had a very hot Summer and a quick foot pressure adjustment on the brake pedal prevents the engine stopping which keeping the A/C doing it's thing, 5 years and counting no dramas for this little black duck :)
Playing with the brake pedal is not a great option. Can anyone else chime in if the auto start/stop turns on even if the a/c is on? This would cause a significant drag on battery and systems I would think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts