Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
^^^Same with my Audi. If the AC is turned on, it will disable the Start/Stop feature. In many cars, if you just leave the automatic climate control in AUTO it will do the same.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
Just about all manufacturers Auto SS features are impacted by the AC running...that is totally normal. Some cars, when the AC is running on high, will disable the Auto SS feature automatically.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
Dock...I was never a big MB fan and maybe the newer models have taken a leap forward in their technology implementation. The Forester is relatively smooth and about the same feel as my Audi. I think, as the years go by, the technology gets less obtrusive but it is here to stay and we'll all get it shoved down our throats sooner than later.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
Does anyone know if the Subaru stop/start has a vehicle hold feature...

i.e. when you take you foot off the brake, the engine starts but the car does not lurch forward. Experienced this style test driving a Santa Fe...
The 19 does come with a feature called AVH (automatic vehicle hold). See the Ascent video but the same exact feature as in the Forester.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
But you have to turn it off every time you start the car. There is no way to permanently disable Auto Stop/Start.
That is correct and takes...well...a whole 2 seconds to do it:wink2:

There is a company that make a device for GM cars and SUV's that costs about $140 and is a simple install to do exactly this. Nothing is available yet for a Subie but, again, no big deal to hit a switch:thumbsup:

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
Auto SS is what it is and nothing you can do, or how you decide to break in your engine, will make it operate or feel any differently.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
I would not count on it getting better...it is fully mechanical and will, most likely, remain about the same in terms of how it turns over the engine.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,712 Posts
It is not my daily driver but, based on it being a mechanical issue, I do not see it happening but I have been wrong before...ONCE:wink2:

My Audi, and other folks that have Auto SS, have never noticed it "smoothing" out over time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts