Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,261 Posts
You can, at least when you turn on the car, but does it reset every time you shut it off? I don't have it on my '17 XT-T, but I have the I/S/S# modes that do reset every single time. It is annoying. I wish there was a way to set it to S. Yes, I know I went off-topic a bit, but the idea is the same.

· Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,261 Posts
Peter_m

Here's a question for you, I was taught (when learning to drive) to keep the brake pedal fully engaged when stopped to avoid causing a chain-reaction accident when rear ended. Who is right? The driving instructor or the car company the wants to make all the decisions for you?

· Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,261 Posts
Wait, people press HARDER on the brake pedal after coming to a stop?

Your leg must sure be tired after a lot of driving.

In my opinion, if you are rear ended, you are not going to be maintaining pressure on the pedal.
You've never been in a rear end collision, have you?
@slothman - In a truck, or a vehicle towing something, but not is a car, especially now that everyone has electronic e-brake substitutes.

· Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,261 Posts
Actually, keeping the brake pedal pressed at a stop sign, or red light is to prevent your getting rear ended! It signifies that you are stopped...
You can be stopped at a light without your foot being pushed all the way in. I grew up with a brake pedal being connected via a cable, not the current system which has the pedals not being physically attached to anything.

1 - 7 of 9 Posts