Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 Limited CVT
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve sourced the manual climate control head unit and possibly the lower trim piece to go along with it.
So I’m wondering if I just swap out my automatic climate control head unit for the manual one, if it’s plug and play, will everything work as it should?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need the entire system with all the cables and parts. It would be a pretty involved swap.
:confused::confused:

Last time I had my stereo out there were only like 3 connectors going to the AC head unit, I didn’t see any cables. The reason I’m asking is because to me it looked like a simple swap.
Are you talking on the manual AC head unit?

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
My XT has the auto climate and my X has the manual, and the stuff behind the dash is WAY different. The manual has metal wires that are used to control the adjustments, and the auto system does not have the same components, or ability to "add" them on. I believe you would have to swap the entire HVAC unit.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My XT has the auto climate and my X has the manual, and the stuff behind the dash is WAY different. The manual has metal wires that are used to control the adjustments, and the auto system does not have the same components, or ability to "add" them on. I believe you would have to swap the entire HVAC unit.
:icon_mad::icon_mad:

That totally sucks!
Because I’m getting pretty tired of the auto AC constantly blowing hot, warm air during out & about trips.
Well I do still have one of those ‘fix the auto AC’ kits. I guess I’ll have to put it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts