Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to beat a dead horse. But why are Subaru owners not more pissed off about this crappy system Subaru keeps selling? I mean they charge extra money for a an option THEY KNOW does not work.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Call the 800 number and let them know, the more that call the more likely they are to do something about it. I called years ago...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
I didn't pay extra for the ACC on my XT. Personally, I wouldn't care if the car came without it because I never use it anyways. But yeah, what Peaty said...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pleiad7 said:
I didn't pay extra for the ACC on my XT. Personally, I wouldn't care if the car came without it because I never use it anyways. But yeah, what Peaty said...
You did pay extra even if it was included in a pkg. or trim level.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Exactly how bad is it? Please provide some details as I'm a prospective 05 XT buyer (looking to maybe buy this week, if the car is still there).

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
For those of us not expecting the HVAC to work instantly in the 10-15 minute morning and evening commutes, the system works fine for most folks...I'm certainly happy with mine, but I've a longer commute, and garage mine.
Of course I used to have rear-engined VWs and may have lower expectations..:>}
-Quick

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Mod looks pretty simple but the system works fine in straight manual mode, correct? I've never been one for the rise in all these automatic/convenience features so I'd presume that the Auto function wouldn't be used much by me.

R

·
0 Posts
Mine works just fine in any mode. In the manual, it says press the A/C and Cir button until they flash twice before it goes into auto mode, I wonder if this make a difference or not.

05 FXT CGM 4EAT stock

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think the auto climate is a preference thing. I hate having it try and do things on my behalf... particularly turning on the AC in the defrost mode. One of my colleagues has one and just leaves it in auto. He's not very picky and the auto system seems to be fine for him.

·
Captain Obvious
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
379 Posts
JM1 said:
Mod looks pretty simple but the system works fine in straight manual mode, correct? I've never been one for the rise in all these automatic/convenience features so I'd presume that the Auto function wouldn't be used much by me.
That's what I thought, too.

HAH!

It wasn't so bad in the fall. Now in the winter, in manual mode I can get either cold air (by putting the temp selector ring all the way to the blue dot) or hot air (any other position). Never cool, tepid, or warm. It's the biggest thing I don't like about the car.

I know there's another thread on this... Let the search button be your friend.

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
JM1 said:
Exactly how bad is it? Please provide some details as I'm a prospective 05 XT buyer (looking to maybe buy this week, if the car is still there).
This is how it worked for me:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Peaty, amazing. But a little overboard? What other graphs of vehicle component performances do you have?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JM1 said:
Peaty, amazing. But a little overboard? What other graphs of vehicle component performances do you have?
Not overboard, but need comparitive data. Wish I could perform the same test w/ graph on my wife's Camry Auto HVAC. Hers works pretty well. I wonder what the difference between the output vent and ambiant temp is in her Camry.

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Trust me, there are a lot of complaints on the system operation. I get at least 2 calls a week on it. I explain to them that it is normal operation, however it is a stupid setup. I recommend that they contact SOA and complain to them. I kick our district rep in the backside every time I see him (which as a matter of fact was today as well :) ).

Hopefully SOA will release a customer satisfaction campaign for it like they did with the WRX ABS ( which was not a problem at all, but whatever)

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,973 Posts
Ruinthere said:
Mine works just fine in any mode. In the manual, it says press the A/C and Cir button until they flash twice before it goes into auto mode, I wonder if this make a difference or not.

05 FXT CGM 4EAT stock
I'm a big fan of RTFM and I was embarrassed to admit to myself that I couldn't remember reading about the AC in the manual, especially the "flash twice" bit. So I got it out today and doublechecked. There's no "flash twice" in the 2003 manual, and holding the button down didn't produce that effect. Must be a >2003 or FXT thing.

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
My MY06 manual does say push them and wait for two flases to put them into fully auto mode

1 - 20 of 24 Posts