Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forrester limited Cvt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a brand new 2014 Jasmine Forester Limited on Th, and of course the dealer has tried to sell us auto armor protection. This is ultimate paint protection, ultimate interior protection and environmental corrosion and sound shield. 7 year warrant, cost. $ 1095

Needed or not? Overpriced ? Has anyone had this done ? and what are prices paid?

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Lineartronic CVT
32 Posts
I was not offered this and unless it guarantees that my car doesn't scratch for 7 years then I'd never pay that much!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6-speed manual
111 Posts
Total rip-off, profit padding nonsense. I bought a clearbra kit for $110 and installed it myself (labor charge $0.00). Will probably do a lot more than their "Ultimate Paint Protection" wax job.

BTW, what the hell is Environmental Corrosion? Does this mean your dealer will prevent rivers from becoming polluted? Sound Shield? I'd love to hear their explanation for what that is. Maybe they throw some ear plugs in the glovebox.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
143 Posts
Snake oil. Scam. Ripoff. They might put some sort of product on the paint, but nowhere near $1100 worth. Maybe like $10 worth.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Picking up a brand new 2014 Jasmine Forester Limited on Th, and of course the dealer has tried to sell us auto armor protection. This is ultimate paint protection, ultimate interior protection and environmental corrosion and sound shield. 7 year warrant, cost. $ 1095

Needed or not? Overpriced ? Has anyone had this done ? and what are prices paid?
Can't comment on the price, especially since it's unclear whether it is for everything or just the warranty. But be aware that the "paint protection" is nothing but a polymer-based wax, and the interior protection is a ScotchGuard type product. You can buy both products in a retail store and handle the application yourself at the fraction of what the dealer will charge, plus, you'll be saved the disappointment if there are any screw-ups, as described in this thread.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
47 Posts
I have had the Full Auto Armor package on a 1999 Ford F-350 pick up. It sits out side all the time and I have never waxed it, and it looks like new. Also no rust at all. On my last car a 2011 honda I went with just the environmental package, it's just a sprayed on under coating, and a different type of sprayed coating that goes in the inside of the fenders, doors, hood, tailgate, Ect. Cost was $379. On my 2014 forester limited I went with the same undercoating package cost was $450. We're I live and drive with tons of salt put on the roads, it's a must..as far as the paint and interior I can take care of that my self.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts