Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

641 - 652 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
04 JBP XTI & STI 6MT x 2
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
Quick pic of the Legend undertaking a need alignment shop visit after the complete rebuild and compete refresh of the rear suspension.

·
Registered
04 JBP XTI & STI 6MT x 2
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
It has been sometime since I last did an update............ hmm over 6 months I believe.

Hmm few things have changed since my last report/update.

Legend (04 STi) has found a new home with a Subie enthusiast. Which I'm glad he will continue the journey from where I left off.

In the end the decision came down to the fact that my XTi and STi were basically the same so.... no need for two cars with insurance etc etc.

The Beast (aka XTi) is still running strong as ever since the engine build and 6 speed swap. Only one minor change is I removed the STi strut setup and reverted back to OEM struts. Reason for reverting was wanting more more clearance and really looking fwd to good snow. Oh yes higher ride height and less firm ride is nice as well (getting old lol). Also purchase new set of snows Hakkapeliitta R3 which as the best IMO.

I'll have to upload a recent pic.............

·
Registered
2007 FXT
11 Posts
Just read through your entire build thread over the past two days - very nice!! I just finished doing an STi swap om my '07 FXT, but unfortunately - I don't have a garage and had to pay a shop to do most of the heavy lifting. Looking forward to seeing more progress in the future!

·
Registered
04 JBP XTI & STI 6MT x 2
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Just read through your entire build thread over the past two days - very nice!! I just finished doing an STi swap om my '07 FXT, but unfortunately - I don't have a garage and had to pay a shop to do most of the heavy lifting. Looking forward to seeing more progress in the future!
Cheers for the comment (y). How are you liking ya Foz after the swap?

·
Registered
2007 FXT
11 Posts
Cheers for the comment (y). How are you liking ya Foz after the swap?
It's good man. Still going through some final finishing touches to get it to 100%, but the shop should be wrapping it out this week. I'm hoping to make a bit of my own build thread/journal. This thing was a long time coming for me!

·
Registered
04 JBP XTI & STI 6MT x 2
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
It's good man. Still going through some final finishing touches to get it to 100%, but the shop should be wrapping it out this week. I'm hoping to make a bit of my own build thread/journal. This thing was a long time coming for me!
Journal is good for documenting your journey with the Foz :)
Post some pics once received from the shop.

641 - 652 of 652 Posts