Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Fairly unfamiliar with Subaru electronics and audio. Shared to switch out crappy CP625U1 with below pictured stereo, HK. I’m however, not entirely sure if they are compatible, in terms of steering controls and rear wiring. I don’t want to get into the audio perfection for this car but anything is better that std audio in this Subaru. Speakers are already upgraded. In addition, does anyone have OEM sub PN for 2011 Subaru?

Cheers guys.

Go Raptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6-speed manual
177 Posts
The 2010 Forester I bought for my oldest daughter had very poor performance from the radio via the speakers. So I bought a low end speaker upgrade from Crutchfield. That was before I learned here on this forum, as I am new to Subarus, that there are hidden menus built into the radios. I learned of this, by chance, during an internet search for a better factory stock radio, which led me back to this forum.

See this thread link:

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/hidden-stereo-menus-123702/

·
Registered
2011 Forester
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the hidden menu updates but the base HU is pretty weak. I since discovered I need a different HE CP635 I believe. Don’t have the number with me but I wrote it down.

This will also allow me to add the rear camera if I ever wanted to. Just need to buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts