Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The audio in our XTP keeps fading in & out around town (Melbourne), almost like it is going from Stereo to Mono as the signal strength isn't strong enough.

Has anyone else had this? Is there a setting that we need to change? It's starting to get very annoying....

·
Registered
My10 Forester Diesel
249 Posts
The sensitivity of the radio section is not up to that of FalcaDores but should work in a Big City. Take it back to the dealer and complain. They will check that every thing is plugged in and the grounding screws are tight.

If still no joy then change the stubby antenna for one of the longer bee sting whips approximately 50 cm. The Mazda 3 one fits so will lots of others - Focus, VW ect. You can get a generic one from Autobahn
for $20.

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
If you have the Surround settings on it often screws with the audio on radio for some reason. I dont think it's a signal problem at all and it seems common to all the SatNav Audios in Foresters.

I leave my settings on Bypass and have had no issues.

If you want to hear it REALLY bad try the Dolby setting - FM dropouts all over the shop!

·
Registered
MY10 X
138 Posts
If you have the Surround settings on it often screws with the audio on radio for some reason. I dont think it's a signal problem at all and it seems common to all the SatNav Audios in Foresters.

If you want to hear it REALLY bad try the Dolby setting - FM dropouts all over the shop!
Im not sure if that would the issue as my forester X seems to have similar problem and that is with bog standard radio

·
Registered
2009 Forester
15 Posts

I had the same issue and once switch off the fancy settings it now works fine - I'm sure you'll find this will help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

OK I've turned off the surround, so i'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Cheers!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts