Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many days of researching and pricing and asking sales guys and narrowing down what I want for a head unit... I've become more confused than ever! So many options and versions and model numbers. I've worked myself into a tizzy trying to find THE head unit for my forester. I realistically would love to put a microATX computer into my double din slot and run win8 off a touchscreen. But I also saw there are Android double dins out there which would be amazing with the screen sharing feature on my galaxy s3... In essence my HU, would be my phone. Ideally I would like to know if there is a name brand reputable, and functional Android double din unit that can run all my speakers a sub etc, etc. If no one has an answer, I'll gladly take help with ideas for a traditional double din unit... It must have

-all the nessecary connections for a 4 speaker and one sub setup
-input for backup camera
-dvd capability
-Bluetooth connectivity
-touchscreen

Optional;

-front and back usb
-Aux input
-additional video input

Sorry if I'm asking too much at once... I've never been good at brain-to-text writing. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Automatic
200 Posts
You may want to look at the Parrot brand head unit. It is android based and sounds like it would be the simplest solution for you.
I ended up installing an Alpine INE-s920hd in my X. Although it is not perfect, I like it very much and don't regret it at all. It also can do most if what you require. Though it won't screen share in stock form(I have seen a work around).
Good luck, Dave.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the lead, I know android-in-the-car is still bleeding edge... But that's where I'd like to be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Parrot Asteroid Smart looks like its exactly what i want. However my only question is i see on the back it has three audio outputs. I can only assume they are; Rear (RR), Front (FRT), and SubWoofer (SW). since i will have 4 speakers (2 front and 2 back, and one woofer) am i to assume there is a splitter that will give me left and right control for front and back?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts