Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am having trouble locating a connector for my install. My Foz has an OEM Subaru top post battery. The amp cable I have is also a top mount clamp. I am looking for one of those gold connectors that will clamp onto the top post and then itself has two top mount posts on it. I want to put the Subaru Power wires on one and my amp powers on the other. I am pretty sure I used to have one of those old school Rockford Fosgate clamps just like this but I sold it long ago. I can't seem to find anything in my area that will work. Can somebody help me track something like this down?

I want something like this but, with two top posts.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
With the BC2P the rings on the factory harness bolt right up and on the other side I put a ring terminal on my 4 ga amp wire. I used these:

Parts-Express.com:StreetWires PRS4 4 AWG Power Ring Pair Set-Screw Type | streetwires PRS4 4 AWG Power Ring ring terminal power amp battery

The BC2P also have a 8ga opening in it and I used that to run an 8ga to fused distribution block under my dash so I can hook up stuff like my homelink, LCD screen and any other accessory I need/use. It gives me a good location to tap for power when installing something new.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scooby, could you post a pic of your battery terminals to give me an idea of how this will look?

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
I'll have to take a new picture with the OEM cover off.

Here is what it looks like right noe, but I left the OEM cover in place for the stock look. I cut a hole in the side of the cover for the amp wire to run off the 2nd post, but it is split loomed for a clean look.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man, I just want a nice little closeup of the pos. terminal. That would be great.

None of the audio shops in my area have anything decent that I have found.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
These are one of the P3's from parts express. The only thing I don't care for is the allen head mounting method. I love the price, but wouldn't mind a different tightening method to attached the terminal to the battery. That's why the neg is turned 90 degs, so I can more easily get to it if I need to remove it from the battery.

dm

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why all of the ground relocation stuff? do you have a monster audio system?

I am just instaling one amp for a sub under the seat and will probably use a seat bolt for a grounding point.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
why all of the ground relocation stuff? do you have a monster audio system?

I am just instaling one amp for a sub under the seat and will probably use a seat bolt for a grounding point.
Urban myths will say that the grounding points on the subies have room for improvement. Many will say that just cleaning up the oem ground contact points will help.

For me it was just a good excuse to do a DIY on my fxt and wrx without breaking the bank.

:Banane17:

dm

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's cool. it looks great! just more work than necessary for my case. i am just wiring in a simple sub amp, and remote turn off for the amp and probably an aux power ditribution block under the dash for future accessories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts