Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
168 Posts
Try this. Go into Settings -> General -> SXM -> and make sure that "Tune Start" is disabled. Turned this off on mine (8" with NAV) and now it auto plays USB or iPod depending on what is connected. Plus it continues playing where it left off. Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
168 Posts
Does this work when using carplay from an iPhone (or alternatively, Android Auto/Andoid phone)?

This is going to be the first thing I do once mine arrives!
Well, for me Car Play is hit or miss when connecting after I start the car. Typically it works however it is not 100%. that said the little bit of testing I did if Pandora is playing when disconnected then Pandora starts to play when the engine is started and Car Play starts up. I also played Pandora via bluetooth and when I stopped/started the car the HU popped up an error that it was unable to connect to Pandora. However after the phone and HU bluetooth connected the error cleared and Pandora began to play. My guess is your mileage may vary because things on the phone may change between trips in the car so the experience may also change with that. But at least SXM is no longer the default audio source on every start so hopefully this works for folks using a USB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts