Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5I Prem CVT
25 Posts
My radio also, always defaults to the Serius/XM 'preview-promo' station.... even though I have a full and active subscription. Its super annoying but again, its a Subaru. There is only so much a small company can do in developing features and systems for a vehicle.

This is actually completely normal when listening to SXM stations if you are on a channel with explicit lyrics. Subaru doesn't want little kids to hear bad words by accident so if the last station you listened to had explicit content, it will switch to the promo station when you turn the car off. If the channel did not have explicit lyrics, it will keep the last channel you listening to.

Really odd setup.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5I Prem CVT
25 Posts
That is very interesting if true, is this stated in the manual somewhere? I will have to pay attention to the station it was left on when it resets now, I felt it was random before but this could explain the inconsistency in reverting to the preview station.

Kind of an interesting feature, but also obnoxious, why does Subaru feel it is their responsibility to monitor these things? And are they really so pretentious to assume everyone who buys their vehicles has kids in them 24/7?
I found out during my love encore meeting or whatever it was called. I mentioned it was random and odd and they laughed because it had been a while since they heard someone complain about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts