Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
299 Posts
I like to remind myself that I bought a Subaru, not a Lexus or Audi, when these issues appear.

My radio also, always defaults to the Serius/XM 'preview-promo' station.... even though I have a full and active subscription. Its super annoying but again, its a Subaru. There is only so much a small company can do in developing features and systems for a vehicle. And infotainment systems have been the laggard in vehicle technology for years so I do not find it too surprising that Subaru does not have the best electronics suite. It is a vehicle that is after all sold on the reputation of its AWD system and mechanical reliability, not its prowess for delivering fancy in-cabin tech.

I have not even asked my dealer to try and diagnose or fix the issue for fear of a worse idiosyncrasy appearing. In my 2016 the stock head unit is from Pioneer, so I do not anticipate dealer techs gets extensive procedures to troubleshoot a piece of hardware Subaru buys from a supplier....

So its not a new issue, its just a Subaru

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
299 Posts
This is actually completely normal when listening to SXM stations if you are on a channel with explicit lyrics. Subaru doesn't want little kids to hear bad words by accident so if the last station you listened to had explicit content, it will switch to the promo station when you turn the car off. If the channel did not have explicit lyrics, it will keep the last channel you listening to.

Really odd setup.
That is very interesting if true, is this stated in the manual somewhere? I will have to pay attention to the station it was left on when it resets now, I felt it was random before but this could explain the inconsistency in reverting to the preview station.

Kind of an interesting feature, but also obnoxious, why does Subaru feel it is their responsibility to monitor these things? And are they really so pretentious to assume everyone who buys their vehicles has kids in them 24/7?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts