Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
That S8 is so hot and one of my many German favorites!!! Still won't buy another VW/Audi product until they get their electrical systems sorted out though.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
Big Audi's are very sought after!

My A8 4.2q was stolen just before last Christmas - the thiefs (apparently Hell's Angels hang-arounds) broke into our house at night when we were sleeping and stole the keys.

If you hide the keys, they wake you up and (politely) ask were you've put the keys.

That's one of the reasons why I'm moving to something more stealth-like.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
integrale said:
My A8 4.2q was stolen just before last Christmas - the thiefs (apparently Hell's Angels hang-arounds) broke into our house at night when we were sleeping and stole the keys.

If you hide the keys, they wake you up and (politely) ask were you've put the keys.

NOTE TO SELF
: Don't own an 8 series AUDI in Scandinavia.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
That's the point!

It's a part of the modus of a "gang" of low-lifes: They "acquire" an A8 for scouting and a Porsche Cayenne Turbo for driving the goods from the scene.

The local police chased my car three (3!) times in 4 weeks but didn't catch it (honestly officer, the car WAS stolen!).

My A8 was eventually located hidden in a garage with - a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and 10 days thereafter an A8 and a Porsche Cayenne Turbo disappeared in a neighbouring city.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
integrale said:

With someone breaking into my house while I was sleeping, my car would be the last thing on my mind.:confused: Is the situation that out of control there? I'd be looking into moving to someplace where I could sleep easy at night. And to think people in America feel the need to carry a gun in their cars!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
NahdaDamdyke said:
With someone breaking into my house while I was sleeping, my car would be the last thing on my mind.:confused: Is the situation that out of control there? I'd be looking into moving to someplace where I could sleep easy at night.
No, not really. It's actually a pretty safe neighbourhood. Those vilains are well-known to the police (they can actually read in the burglar statistics when they're - occasionally - out of jail).

NahdaDamdyke said:
And to think people in America feel the need to carry a gun in their cars!
That's probably why the homicide rate per 100,000 citizens is 0.9 in the UK and 9.4 in the US.

BTW: the S8 is a monster car - unfortunately, due to tax policy (225 per cent registration tax on cars) it's close to USD310,000 in Denmark.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
sirwilliam said:
if we could get the twin turbo V-10 RS8 version, that would be even better.
What TT V10 RS8? Are you talking about the R8 racecar that had the direct injection TT V8?

I'd much prefer the new R10's TT diesel V12.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
integrale so you got it back?
Yes and no - there was some damage to the car, especially inside and surface scratches on most of the outside of the car. That, and the fact that I knew the car had been trashed driving away from the police, I really prefered not to have the car back. I asked the insurance company to take it, which they accepted, and we negotiated a reasonable compensation.

In fact, the insurance company acted very reasonably and I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure they are happy with me though, since that was the third major insurance claim in just 2 years.

The A8 was very close to being a perfect car, but you know, "been there - done that" so now I'm trying something different. And from the messages on this forum, I don't think I will be disappointed :)

That, and some other decisive facts - e.g. that the A8 didn't fit in my garage, so I couldn't close the door behind it => me having to take the car out, whenever my wife needed HER car (sliding doors in the garage!). You know - the little things.

As for my above comparison of homicide rates - don't take that as an attack on the US (or on gun control laws for that matter). I've been to the US many times, my kid brother lives in the US and I think you have a great country - not perfect, but then perfection is a moving target.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JM1 said:
What TT V10 RS8? Are you talking about the R8 racecar that had the direct injection TT V8?

I'd much prefer the new R10's TT diesel V12.
No, I know about the R8 and that being a TT V8. The new RS8 that is being developed has a TT V10 and is still not a race car so it is livable as a daily driver. The R series are just purely intended for performance and not balancing the spectrum w/ luxury of course when you go from a S to an RS you are pushing more into the performance side but are still getting a nice handling car that isn't too rough to drive everyday.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
I wanted to buy a RS6, but saw I had only enough for a forester, I'm still happy with my choice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts