Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Legacy GT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my '05xt this week and couldn't be happier. The day before I picked up the car I picked up an APv2 locally and am stoked to get this thing running.

While I'm not planning on a big build with this car I'd certainly like to keep it running flawlessly. I do plan on picking up parts along the way, though, and am expectign to get some dyno time for a real tune one of these days - But my question is: What parts (TBE, upipe, TMIC, larger turbo) can I put on before it's unwise to not have the tune done?

I only want to have one tune, so I'd obviously want to wait until I have all the parts on-but what can I safely do before that's required?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
You can fairly safely replace the uppipe, but for everything elsde I'd recommend engine management first, not just for safety, but also to get the most benefit from your upgrades.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,503 Posts
Since you have an Accessport I think you can install all of the above, assuming the turbo and TBE are among those that will work with one of Cobb's off-the-shelf maps.

You won't get all of the benefit out of everything without a protune but the AP should keep your engine safe if you follow Cobb's guidelines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts