Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Forester premium, CVT, non turbo. At times I release brake to move forward & tach stays at idle & throttle pedal has no response for 2 to 4 seconds & then comes alive. No codes show up.
This is getting scary at stop signs with traffic coming. It has happened 7 times in 28000 miles.
Will be tough to diagnose, any ideas what to do?

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
My guess is that the throttle position sensor is defective. These cars are drive by wire, your gas peddle is not cabled to the engine. A dealer could check the signal.

·
Registered
2015 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to replace the T.P.S. on suspicion & I would like to know do I have to do a relearn procedure?
2015 premium 2.5 non turbo CVT

·
Registered
2015 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dead throttle pedal

I replaced the T.P.S. and all was well for a month & it happened again. Engine stays at idle, throttle is dead for several seconds & then comes back alive again. No codes show up. Any ideas will help?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
729 Posts
Odd. A thought is to check/clean the electrical contacts where the TPS plugs into the system. That a new TPS provided a temporary fix makes me think there may be something not quite up to snuff at the connection.

I had a Mercedes van that exhibited all sorts of odd behaviors due to a poor system ground. No idea if Subaru's are prone to this sort of thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts