Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the measurement of the top bar on the aries 2801 for the 2012's? Looking at getting a 12 inch light led bar and using piaa clamps and didn't know if it would fit.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Do you mean the diameter of the bar or the length?

Aries' description says the diameter is 2.5 inches. Mine measures that amount and is 26 inches wide between the legs.

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was looking for the measurement of the length of the flat bar on top to know what size light bar I could fit on there.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was looking for the measurement of the length of the flat bar on top to know what size light bar I could fit on there.
The absolutely flat portion of the top bar is 20 +/- inches. Plenty of room for the 12 inch bar you originally mentioned, either on top or underneath the bar.

Here's a shot of mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the picture. I might drop the 40 extra dollars and go ahead and get a 20 inch spot/flood combo with adjustable mounts and mount it on top of the bar.

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally got my bullbar in after 3 weeks and had a snow day so I decided to go ahead and throw my light bar on

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts